Diaz Texas Square Face. Dead!! Suggestions?

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
808man
Information

Post by 808man »

Ok. I recently got a Diaz Texas Square Face. It worked fine. I opened it up, removed the foam piece covering the board and started gently hacking away at the goop. I don't think I hurt any components when scraping the goop. I wanted to install sockets for testing different transistors. I desoldered the NTE103's that were stock and installed the sockets, put the stock ones back in and now the pedal doesn't work.

I tested the transistors on my Atlas and they tested normal. I checked for any broken wires and everything looks normal.

I'm getting normal signal when bypassed. When I click the pedal on I get nothing. If I slightly remove the input or output jack just a hair out with the pedal on, I get some low volume but no fuzz. Any ideas? I can post photos soon, just figure somebody might have some advice on this first. Thanks!

808man
Information

Post by 808man »

Fixed! Weird...when inserting a patch cable, it was touching part of the input jack inside the pedal. I bent it back a little and it now works fine. I assume the jack moved a tiny bit when i was inside the pedal and the cable was shorting it out?