EHX LPB-1 help.

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Vinchenzio
Information

Post by Vinchenzio »

Hi, can someone advise on how I can reduce the amount of boost/volume by approx 50%? I have built a EHX LPB1 in the same enclosure as a distortion to use as a boost to drive it harder but when the distortion side is at max gain the boost introduces squealing when the boost hits around 1pm so I need to curb it around there.
Attachments
I built it from this layout
I built it from this layout
EHX LPB1.png (24.58 KiB) Viewed 883 times

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

try increasing R4 (390R)

allesz
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by allesz »

Maybe I did not understand exactly the problem: if the lpb1 has to much output and you just need to tame it, the idea of Seiche seems good (but lowering the volume will be quite the same); but if the lpb1 has to be set at 1 o'clock in order to work as clean booster, and at the same level will make the distortion squeal, the problem is quite difficult to solve.
You should put a second volume for the lpb1: one volume works with the lpb1 only, the other works when the booster goes in the distortion.
But I recon it will be a lot of work.

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

i think he just wants to get rid of the possibility of squeal, hence only letting the boost hit 12oclock, which imho is just a way to treat symptoms, instead of trying to solve the root of the problem. I agree that there must be something wrong with the circuit if it just starts squealing.

which circuit is the distortion and which layout did you use?