Pedal Noise

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
danny0
Information

Post by danny0 »

I put together a bass booster using the Anderton Frequency Booster and a simple input buffer. I breadboarded it today and after a few minor adjustments it works like a champ. My problem is it's noisy as hell! When the circuit is disengaged it's perfectly quiet just going through the bypass switch, as it should be. But when engaged there's quite a bit of hiss and noise.

My question is, are breadboard circuits inherently noisy because they lack the metal case as insulation or is it because of the way the circuit was built. I know opamps and amplification in general can induce noise but this is way more than normal.

Here's the schematic as it is now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2aipt0l.jpg

danny0
Information

Post by danny0 »

Just in case a fellow noob finds this post and is wondering the same thing I was, I breadboarded a different circuit this time trimming all the component leads so they were down against the breadboard and it was quiet as a mouse. It was an overdrive circuit as well. I still no noise.

Just thought I'd answer my own post in case someone else has the same issue.