Reversed battery by accident in Aqua Puss - help needed

Frequent questions about dead or faulty pedals. Whether you repair, mod or build pedals, debugging is important. Threads about general debugging problems irrespective of the circuit involved...

Reversed battery by accident in Aqua Puss - help needed

Postby TB-AV » 01 Sep 2009, 14:58

I mis-wired a battery clip to power the AquaPuss build. I simply wired a plug to a 9v batt. and mistakenly put + on tip.

The board was complete with transistors and all other parts but no chips. I got a dead short and didn't notice it until the battery got quite hot.

So I finally figured out what I did and corrected the battery polarity. Problem is I still have a short and battery still gets hot.

Any idea which parts might have likely failed so I can narrow things down?

Thanks.

Oh, also I have checked and rechecked several times for mis-wiring, stray solder, incorrect polarity of caps, diodes, etc. All lots correct and clean.

TB
TB-AV

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Reversed battery by accident in Aqua Puss - help needed

Postby lolbou » 01 Sep 2009, 17:10

If the battery short outside the circuit (in the clip), then no parts should have burn...

Desolder the clip, and check for any short between the two tracks (+9V and GND) with a multimeter. By the way, check your battery clip for shots too...

Let us know!
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.
lolbou
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 240 times

Re: Reversed battery by accident in Aqua Puss - help needed

Postby TB-AV » 01 Sep 2009, 23:00

Thanks, I got it taken care of. the only part to get damaged was a diode(D2). It's up and running now.

TB
TB-AV

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Debugging