Philly Fuzz Heretic

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Jaysneezy
Information

Post by Jaysneezy »

Anyone know anything about this one? I’d love to know what it is. I’ve wanted one of these for a while and I can’t figure out what it is. I’ve tried contacting the company but no word back. I’ve heard it’s a mkiii tone bender but I don’t know anything about benders to be sure. Thoughts?

dv8r601
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey ranger 212

Post by dv8r601 »

Looks like a hastily put together mkiii to my eyes. The real heresy is the resistors all crooked and the electrolytic caps all bent and smashed in there. If you wanna start go to the oshpark shared section and search fuzz because I believe I have seen that board before somewhere

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

That’s so poorly built you’d be far better off building your own for sure, clearly who ever owns this company doesn’t know wtf there doing or they’ve hired the kindergarten glass down the street to help when they get busy. How you can seriously charge someone money for such a poorly built pedal is beyond me, I couldn’t imagine selling my worst enemy that pedal.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

Jan1966
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Jan1966 »

Absolute mess inside. Why put a simple circuit in such a big enclosure. Looks like an OSH park fabbed board.