TS9 Switch Upgrade

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
akbender
Information

Post by akbender »

I am in the process of repairing a TS9 I was given a while back and I really don't like that flimsy little momentary switch that Ibanez decided to put in there. Does anyone have advice on how to replace it with a beefier (preferably true bypass) switching system without messing with the looks too much? I'm perfectly willing to tear off the button and just stick a conventional switch in there (free pedal) but it would be preferable to keep it looking stock.

marmaliser
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marmaliser »

akbender
Information

Post by akbender »

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Horrible solution with a total lack of fantasy/understanding..... :roll:
"I got it mommy! To TB a pedal you MUST use a 3pdt switch so I MUST drill a big hole in my pedal"

That flimsy switch the Maxon guys chose will die of old age evantually but will probably have a longer MTBF than a 3pdt switch. Therefore the proper way would be to use a miniature relay for the bypass and use the original TS-es flipflop to control it. Plent has been written on this subject already.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

nitraus
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg V4
Fender Bassman

Post by nitraus »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Therefore the proper way would be to use a miniature relay for the bypass and use the original TS-es flipflop to control it. Plent has been written on this subject already.
Where can I find more infos about it? I have a similar problem with the SM9 fet switch.