Chandler - Stereo Digital Delay  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Hi
I forget where I found this, but it seems to be rare and fetches high prices on Ebay.
As you can see it is an Asian made device and was originally manufactured by someone unknown to me as a stompbox - either as a flanger, chorus, or delay depending on what was required - I have seen the board ( approx 110mm x 65mm), and it has provision for input and output plastic sockets and dc plastic socket too similar to Maxon / Ibanez devices (on the audience end) :wink: - Chandler merely made a large 1 rack space metal case and mounted this board in the centre of the bottom panel, with a mess of leads connecting the controls on the front and the sockets on the rear - I don't think it was true stereo either from memory. as far as I could tell the only thing Chandler did was add a high cut switch to the preassembled board and an extra direct out or possibly phase inverted output socket . if anyone knows what the board comes from - Arion, Pearl, etc. I would be interested to find out - perhaps one of our Asian members may be able to help here.
Anyway - enjoy
bajaman
Chandler Stereo Digital Delay 1
Chandler Stereo Digital Delay 2

ChandlerDigStereo1_Page_2.png
Attachments
ChandlerDigStereo1_Page_1.png

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Bajamyman,

Are you aware that in this case, just as in the case with the Cooltron schematics, the resolution is just some 20% too low to make out the component values? ;)
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

If this is what I think it is, I have a factory schematic and gut shots at home and it's no walk in the park. Several obsolete IC's. I'll check when I get back from vacation.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

bump :wink:
be kind to all animals - especially human beings