Problem with Klon's clean settings

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
acast83
Information

Post by acast83 »

Hy guys. I have a problem with Klon Centaur I recently made using madbean instrunctions (sunking ver3).

Problem is that with NO gain settings (gain pot on zero) I still have a bit overdriven tone and not totally clean and sparkling tone. Month ago I made anoher Klon and it didn't have that kind of problem so I am in a big dillema and don't know what to do. I tried changing gain pot because when I measured resistance on first and third lug of gain pot it showed almost 0 resistance (0,1k or something) and not full resistance. When I took out old pot pot and measured it again multimeter showed full resistance normally (100k).

Can anyone who has a bit more experience than I help me with my problem?
Thanks in advance

friedtransistor
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshal Class v
Completed builds: Mad Professor Deep Blue delay, Mark Hammer's Chaos Fuzz, and an overdrive for my friend at church.

Post by friedtransistor »

could you please post a schmatic? I make be able to see what's going on. or maybe not. with me there's no guarentee :wink:
For all you starwars fans...

Sorry, downsized by request.

Did I mention I love bass?

acast83
Information

Post by acast83 »

friedtransistor
Solder Soldier
Information
Completed builds: Mad Professor Deep Blue delay, Mark Hammer's Chaos Fuzz, and an overdrive for my friend at church.

Ooo, ouch. I don't know if I can do this, but we'll see :whappen: . Thanks, I'll get back to you when I figure out whether or not I can see what's wrong...

friedtransistor
Solder Soldier
Information

sorry, it's been a while... let's see. Which half of the gain pot did you measure? If it was PA 1 I would check the 1.5k parallel to it. If it's PA2, then I don't know. Also, was this breadboarded or soldered?