Dallas Arbiter - Tremface

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

Hello all, I was looking around for anything I could add to the forum (you guys beat me to most of what I have). I don't remember who did this one but it was an elusive schemo for a while.

-Van

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Hey!!!
I Like!! Thanks!!!

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Hey!!!
I Like!! Thanks!!!
Really ?
But you haven´t seen yet the:
Dallas Tremface solder side

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

analogguru wrote:
Hey!!!
I Like!! Thanks!!!
Really ?
But you haven´t seen yet the:
Dallas Tremface solder side

analogguru
Thank you for that one AG!

Mayniac
Information

Post by Mayniac »

I guess you all haven't seen this then:

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/t ... emface.htm

Been there since 2002...

vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

I think there was issues with that GEO schematic if I remember, and no one had an original or photos of an original to verify. R.G. was going off notes and from memory. It was a long time ago. I think when these photos surfaced it answered a lot of questions that were out there.
There is a similar issue with the GEO Brassmaster. The filter section does not work right and no one has gut shots of an original So people have been just guessing what might be the issue.

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

You need more inside photos?
Or a verified schematic ?

IMHO this is not a very impressing unit from an electronic design viewpoint... at least an input buffer should be there.
Ok, I know, a lot more worse designs are sold for (too) much money.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

Mayniac
Information

Post by Mayniac »

vanessa wrote:I think there was issues with that GEO schematic if I remember, and no one had an original or photos of an original to verify. R.G. was going off notes and from memory. It was a long time ago. I think when these photos surfaced it answered a lot of questions that were out there.
There is a similar issue with the GEO Brassmaster. The filter section does not work right and no one has gut shots of an original So people have been just guessing what might be the issue.
These pics come from Dave Fox's website (http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/) and have been there for ages. I even believe that R.G. Keen based part of his writeup upon them...

vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

Mayniac wrote:
vanessa wrote:I think there was issues with that GEO schematic if I remember, and no one had an original or photos of an original to verify. R.G. was going off notes and from memory. It was a long time ago. I think when these photos surfaced it answered a lot of questions that were out there.
These pics come from Dave Fox's website (http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/) and have been there for ages. I even believe that R.G. Keen based part of his writeup upon them...
Why are you jumping all over me? This is the "Classic & DIY Stompbox Effects" part of the forum. I'm sorry I thought I was contributing something to this forum.

magikker
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by magikker »

Vanessa, I think it is great to varify old stuff.... There's nothing worse than starting to solder something, and then realizing it isn't varified and it's time to get the unsolder braid out.

Mayniac
Information

Post by Mayniac »

vanessa wrote:Why are you jumping all over me? This is the "Classic & DIY Stompbox Effects" part of the forum. I'm sorry I thought I was contributing something to this forum.
I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to help and explain about the origins of the images.

vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

Mayniac wrote:
vanessa wrote:Why are you jumping all over me? This is the "Classic & DIY Stompbox Effects" part of the forum. I'm sorry I thought I was contributing something to this forum.
I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to help and explain about the origins of the images.
I think I just got a little twisted. It's not your fault, I'm sorry. I have had a "boys club" complex since the day I played my first chord on a guitar, my bad.

:roll:

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I have had a "boys club" complex since the day I played my first chord on a guitar, my bad.
My english is not so good, maybe somebody can explain me this ?
Do you want to say with this that "vanessa" is a DIY girl/woman ?

analogguru

magikker
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by magikker »

I think Vanessa is a girl... It is a common girls name... and therefore might be the only girl alive that can wield a solding iron AND a guitar...

Of course this is just a guess.

vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

analogguru wrote: Do you want to say with this that "vanessa" is a DIY girl/woman ?

analogguru
You would be correct AG, at least the last time I checked I was!

:lol:

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I know that vanessa is a girl-name. And I saw that nick many times at the other forum. And I also recognized that vanessa has some knowledge on pedals and electronics.

But there is also "pure tube" who makes "pure tube effects" with op-amps inside and a "Tone God" who is far away from being a god, so that it´s also possible that somebody is using "vanessa" and is not a girl :wink:

analogguru

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

You would be correct AG, at least the last time I checked I was!
:shock: :shock: :shock: Not really shocked but astonished, surprised ....

I have only one problem.... you know the DIY-scene.... Zvex claims that a MOSFET is not a FET, many schematics on the web are incorrect, etc... so for this reason I only believe what I see....

Do you have a photo from yourself ? maybe with guitar and a soldering iron ? :wink: Maybe you can e-mail me this ?
Sorry, but the DIY-scene had made me really crazy so that I only believe what I see for myself....

analogguru

vanessa
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by vanessa »

Not a nick name (although there has been many a time I wish I had posted one instead :( ), my real name is Vanessa.

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Vanessa is a real nice name, so why you don´t like it ?

Concerning my posting above:
I am always ready for a deal.... So if I receive a picture as mentioned above you have a "design-wish" free. You tell me which effect you want to have designed and I will support you with a schematic and a pcb-layout. Is this a deal....?

analogguru

invictus
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by invictus »

analogguru wrote:Vanessa is a real nice name, so why you don´t like it ?

Concerning my posting above:
I am always ready for a deal.... So if I receive a picture as mentioned above you have a "design-wish" free. You tell me which effect you want to have designed and I will support you with a schematic and a pcb-layout. Is this a deal....?

analogguru

i think its time for "post your mug shots" thread in the members section! :lol:
"im the master of my fate, im the captain of my soul... " -invictus