Need Help with SD1 & Black Russian Muff

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
jmiller475
Information

Post by jmiller475 »

First I've got an EHX Black Russian Muff. It seems to somewhat work but you have to crank all knobs to get a decent volume and there is really no fuzz at all.

Second I have a Boss SD1. It was stuck in on position but now doesn't come on and the LED doesn't either.

I can email pics if needed.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Pics will defnitely help, there's virtually nothing to go on from your first post. Lots more details about the problem might give clues. E.g. for the big muff, has it ever worked? Did it slowly degenerate, or just stop working properly one day? What might have happened to it? Does it work on battery, adaptor? Did it ever? Has it been modded? Left out in the rain?
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

jmiller475
Information

Post by jmiller475 »

I just got these in a trade. So I really dont have much info I can give. The Muff works with battery or plug. It seems like the output level is cut in half. The SD1 just stayed on and couldn't be turned off. I opened it up and then closed it back and it stopped working completely. I can email pics if needed.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

You will need to post pictures if you want people to diagnose over the internet: At the moment, you are effectively saying "I've got some pedals, they don't work - What is wrong with them?"
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...