Here's some info about Oscilloscopes

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Here's a PDF I just created of some articles on how to use an Oscilloscope which I found in my set of 6 Talking Electronics notebooks, thought the info could be of use to members who have just recently bought themselves an oscilloscope of some kind, the PDF is about 6Mb in size, enjoy!!.... :thumbsup

Oops, seems the file is too big to post here so I'm going to have to sort out putting a Dropbox link here, just bear with me..... :thumbsup

Okay, here's the link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/778 ... 20Info.pdf
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

Thanks Dr Nomis,

Very informative , however page one isn't really legible, could you that one again ?
Maybe it moved while being scanned ?

Thanks , Alf

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

snofla1900 wrote:Thanks Dr Nomis,

Very informative , however page one isn't really legible, could you that one again ?
Maybe it moved while being scanned ?

Thanks , Alf

Yeah, I agree, I'll see if I can take some more pics of all the pages at a higher resolution, will post the new link in this thread..... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Should be easier to read all the pages now (I used my digital camera set to a higher resolution to take the pics used to create this pdf):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/778 ... 20Info.pdf

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

Thanks a lot for your effort , this is much better !!

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

No worries at all, once I get some new ink cartridges for my printer/scanner/copier, I'll scan those pages into my pc and convert them to pdf, hopefully the quality will be better..... :thumbsup

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

Thanks a lot for being always this helpful to lots of people on this forum.

Alf

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

snofla1900 wrote:Thanks a lot for being always this helpful to lots of people on this forum.

Alf

No worries at all mate, when I posted the PDFs I thought that it was time I gave something back to the freestompboxes.org community...... :thumbsup

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Thought I'd post an update in this thread,

I've just bought a new Printer/Scanner/Copier today and have got it working with my PC, so, hopefully this week I'll be able to put together some PDFs of scanned images of the pages I posted earlier, these new PDFs should be a lot easier to read so stay tuned..... :thumbsup