Hotone Nano Legacy Amps - Heart Attack  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Specs state 6 Watts max into 8 Ohm load.
These are car amp chips and are designed to work into low Ohms and the output drops quite a lot into 8 Ohms
Also if you are using hifi type woofers or similar then the output SPL will be reduced even more. You need to use an MI speaker.

Another thing to note; You mentioned you have several preamp stages and the output might be too hot for such a small power stage.
As mentioned by *Fiveseven* above,, you need head room if you want clean and that means larger supply voltage and if that is not enough then a higher output power amp section.

It is my observation from experience that LM1875 chip or similar is just the ideal size for small bedroom amps the really small stuff just does not have the head room for clean.
At a guess the LM1875 should get close to 10Watts into 8 Ohms even from a single 20 Volt supply.
Phil.

Ichabod_Crane
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Ichabod_Crane »

Definetly I need more headroom, indeed I want absolute to find the right PSU how I described before.

I want to be more clear to help the topic. My experimental project, and I am not an expert, will have two separate preamps (clear and high gain), maybe one buffer in front of them, and one booster with the high gain preamp.
I never considereted the number of circuits in front of the power amp. I tested with happy results all the stages in front my main guitar amp. Now I'm testing the power amp stand alone with my cab.
My cabinet is a simple homemade cabinet, a wood box with a cheap 8" guitar amp 8 Ohm.

I'll remember the LM1875 for a louder amp project. Now, the TDA2003 should be fine. At least I would.

peterc
Information

Post by peterc »

Subscribed

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

Now, If I could buy bare enclosures like this I would be very happy. :wink:
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

jalmonsalmon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by jalmonsalmon »

J0K3RX wrote:Look what I stumbled upon...

[ Image ]

http://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/Nan ... 5/256.html
Britwind as well

Wonder how much those are gonna be? :applause: