LM1036 Circuit Question

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
kinski
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by kinski »

So, I wanted to add some EQ options for my home stereo system, as it currently has no EQ controls. I'm gonna mess with the LM1036 chip. I was lazy and just ordered a mostly prebuilt PCB of the stock data sheet circuit. Its got controls for Volume, Bass, Treble, Loudness, and Balance. All fine, except I already have a balance control in my system and don't want to add another one. So, any ideas as to how to remove the balance control so its just fixed at 50/50. The PCB should arrive in a few weeks.

I've been reading the data sheet a bit. But I'm still not quite sure. Its has to do with the voltage input to pin 9. Perhaps just remove pin 9 from the circuit entirely? Anyone able to take a look? It would be much appreciated!

Datasheet:
https://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/pu ... lm1036.pdf

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

Replace the balance pot with 2 x 22k (or 24k or 27k) resistors.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

kinski
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by kinski »

Thanks! Just saw this. I'll try this when the board arrives.

kinski
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by kinski »

Put this all together a few days ago. Works really well. No added noise. The tone controls are really usable all around for fine adjustments. Exactly what I was looking for to inject a little bit more treble into my system. Bass control is nice as well but I tend to keep it at unity. I added a switch to bypass the entire unit if I want to.

I ended up using the balance pot and didnt try the two resistors as a replacement. But thanks for your input!