Aion lab series l5

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
swt
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by swt »

Hi. Just finished this project and i am having problems with r76. Before it, i have audio probe and tested the 4.40 ac volts as per calibration. Right after it, audio is almost lost and ac volts drops down to few millivolts. Any clues?

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

swt wrote:Hi. Just finished this project and i am having problems with r76. Before it, i have audio probe and tested the 4.40 ac volts as per calibration. Right after it, audio is almost lost and ac volts drops down to few millivolts. Any clues?
Hi!

Did you use original 3080s, or fake ones from, lets say, aliexpress?

I'd start with removing 3080 and other active components and measuring the results. 3080 could be faulty, Q1 could be faulty and so on.

swt
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by swt »

Thanks plush. Strange is that compressor is working ok. I have audio probe til one leg of r76. Then it drops to almost nothing . If i take the comp ics out...still the same.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

swt wrote:Thanks plush. Strange is that compressor is working ok. I have audio probe til one leg of r76. Then it drops to almost nothing . If i take the comp ics out...still the same.
So what made you think that compressor is working okay if there is almost no signal after r76?)

Check c36, and Q1.

swt
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by swt »

There is a minimum of audio. When i pluck hard comp led works as supposed...signal gets clamped and comp level does work also as expected...clamping hard when ccw...

swt
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by swt »

Ok...solved. the 100p that was supposed to be a multilayer...was an inductor!