Jordan - Compressor (on Ebay)

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
RLBJR65
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by RLBJR65 »

Not mine but going cheap plus some gut / trace shots

ebay: VINTAGE-JORDAN-COMPRESSOR-PEDAL
This is a rare vintage Jordan Compressor pedal model J-730. I'm familiar with the Jordan Bosstone of the late '60s but I've never seen this pedal before. It is all original and in very good condition with normal wear and nicks but overall very nice. All lettering and markings are intact as are original knobs, battery cover and screws. Battery compartment is clean. Label on back is also all intact (see photo). There is some chipping to the metal case on the back bottom edge by the battery cover (see photo). This pedal works and sounds great. Very nice compression, sustain and tone. It has Sustain and Level controls. Pots were a little scratchy and Level control a little touchy but it seemed to clear up after a few turns. There is no mention of where this pedal was made anywhere on it but it is definitely vintage and looks very similar to vintage Ibanez pedals. Nice vintage Jordan Compressor pedal in very good condition! Rare Model!! Excellent addition to any collection!! No Reserve!!! 5 DAY AUCTION. Buyer pays $10 priority insured shipping. International bidders please contact me before bidding. I accept paypal or money order. No zero or excessive negative feedback bidders. Thank you.

markm
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by markm »

Looks like a Dynacomp/ROSS clone.
Join together with the "Banned"!

RLBJR65
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by RLBJR65 »

markm wrote:Looks like a Dynacomp/ROSS clone.
Yep! Thats what I was thinking. Parts count looks about right.
I knew Jordan made pedals other than the BossTone but have never seen any of them before.

Check out the equipment they made before pedals.
http://www.orau.org/ptp/Library/cdv/jordan710-2.pdf
At least I'm assuming it's the same company. Couldn't be 2 Jordan Electronics in Alhambra, CA could there?
More sevice manuals here http://www.orau.org/ptp/museumlibrary.htm

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

The schematic is identical to the Ross Compressor. even the components which I could recognize have the same values. No true bypass, second half of switch is used for the LED.

IMHO no US-production...seems to be a japanese production from about 1983/1984 .... maybe the same factory who produced the "Laser"-Pedals.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

Dan N
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Dan N »

I have one. Ross clone.

markm
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by markm »

Dan N wrote:I have one. Ross clone.
I know it wasn't that tough a call but, can I still get a Prize?!! :lol:
Join together with the "Banned"!