EHX - Wiggler  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

Here we go! 8)

I hope this is the final version.

PCB in PDF.
EHWigglerPCB_a.pdf
(27.79 KiB) Downloaded 354 times

Wiggler1.GIF

Wiggler2.GIF

Wiggler3.GIF

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

Grrrrrreat work man!!!!!!!!
thanks

boris

P.S.

one day all EHX tube pedals will be completed like this one :thumbsup
puretube could help us.... :block: ......it is great for repair originals,and for information...

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

borislavgajic wrote:Grrrrrreat work man!!!!!!!!
thanks

boris

P.S.

one day all EHX tube pedals will be completed like this one :thumbsup
puretube could help us.... :block: ......it is great for repair originals,and for information...
Thanks! It was a team effort. :thumbsup

I hope the photo of piggyback board will apear so this could be completed!

Cheers :D

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

....wow... :applause:
Job very well done. Expect regrettable complaits from copyright holders ... but... really,respect!
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Can't seem to find the transformer at Newsensor.com... Any tips?

Thanks for the good job here!
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:....wow... :applause:
Job very well done. Expect regrettable complaits from copyright holders ... but... really,respect!
Thanks very much Dirk.

I really hope there will be no "regrettable complaints". :blackeye

Cheers

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

like AG wrote in this post....
TON wrote:

borislavgajic wrote:
Have a nice day........it is a Tube zipper based wah (optical) with "alco Rakija" proximity controller

boris

https://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=590

ATTENTION; WARNING: Remove above link to/drawing of illegally redistributed IP IMMEDIATELY!

The Owner.

So I controlled all the files, but I couldn´t find one, where I doubt that "borislavgajic" is the copyright owner. For this reason the claim of removing the files is not justified by any law.

But I renamed the thread and moved it to the correct section.

analogguru

so...I think this is same thing...all drawings are our artwork,so we hold copyrights on them...we do not claim that we designed this circuit......we pointed to direction from where puretube was inspired to make this ...........
:block:

so if there is any kind of problem,please rename or remove this thread :thumbsup .......

p.s.
if someone have any other tube EH pedall,it would be great to post nice gutshoots.....so we can clone them all :hug:

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

....it is a Tube zipper based wah (optical) with "alco Rakija" proximity controller
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ej covo lud si 100 gradi!!! :D :hug:

Well I can R.I.P now, and I hope anyone will enjoy this fine project! :thumbsup

So Boris.... let's do that piggyback board s**t finally, so you could also R.I.P with the final build! 8)
Oooo happy day... :D

Cheers

station
Information
my favorite amplifier: Homemade 18 Watt w/ 2xEL84 and tremolo.
Completed builds: Big Muff Pi (mostly violet Ram's head with my own bias and impedence mods)
OCD, BYOC OD-2, GGG Tube Screamer, Red Llama, Dallas Rangemaster, Fuzz Face, SHO, Valvecaster, Bajaman's CX-3, ROG 22/7, ROG Professor Tweed, ROG Tri-Vibe, MXR Dynacomp, Mxr Phase 45, Proco Rat (with clippping mods), EA Tremolo, PT 80 Delay so many more...

Post by station »

If I get a chance to open up my Wiggler, and I'll try get a photo of the piggyback board. But, as you can see from Soul Sonic's photo earlier in the thread, it's connected by a few wires that hold it pretty close to the main board. Getting a decent picture of the trace side will be very difficult without desoldering.

Why not make a new layout from this photo (from earlier in the thread)?:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

the reason why we ask for photo of original PCB is making it as close as possible to original one....... :thumbsup

but, if it is not easy to make pictures, we will do it from that drawing,and soulsonics photos.... :block: :thumbsup

thank you station (for answering) :)

boris

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

station wrote:If I get a chance to open up my Wiggler, and I'll try get a photo of the piggyback board. But, as you can see from Soul Sonic's photo earlier in the thread, it's connected by a few wires that hold it pretty close to the main board. Getting a decent picture of the trace side will be very difficult without desoldering.
Well....we are still waiting for the piggyback board photo. I really hope that "two tiny wires" wouldn't challenge the bravery of our solder-soldier. :D
Thanks station for the nice photo of main pcb so I hope we would have the chance to thank you again for the photo of piggyback board. So PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE could you help us! Hope to see you soon here. :applause:

Thanks in advance bro! :thumbsup

Cheers

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

lolbou wrote:Can't seem to find the transformer at Newsensor.com... Any tips?

Thanks for the good job here!
Hi Laurent. Sorry for the delay.

I've been looking for a local distributor of Amveco toroidal transformers and find none close to my location (RS).
Guess Boris and I will have to improvise for this build. :cry:
Maybe you will be more lucky to find at Digikey http://fr.digikey.com/
That's what I have found on the web.

Cheers :thumbsup

devastator
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by devastator »

Sorry to bump that old thread, but someone has found some mods ?

I got an original one by EHX and even if that sound really fine , there're some defaults really unpleasant . The rate control is really useable just on the half of its curve , after that , that sounds like a bee stock on a fane, with a loud "humming" sound which is totally useless.

The mod isn't as I thought, the different between modes is subtle to my ears. You can hear something , but playing on the EQ of the sound not really on the tremolo effet.

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

Good bumping. :wink: We could investigate some mods on the LFO. Probably some of the components values could be changed to improve the Rate settings. We'll need to look into the schematic.
Also as you can see this isn't finished project yet since we haven't drawn the piggyback board.
It would be so cool if you could provide a solder side photo of the board, but as we have talked earlier few wires need to be de-soldered, so shot can be made. If you are willing to help here and I believe that could be beneficial to us all. :D
Cheers.

devastator
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by devastator »

Analoggurru haven't made some pictures of that pedal ?

I'd try to take pics of the inside and solder side. I'm not really sure about desoldering wire, every time I modded an EHX product the PCB board trace fall appart. Plus, I may sell that pedal (need a cabinet) even if I'd love to keep it. So I'd see what I can do.

(also , the adaptor plug is really (but really) badly placed, what idea placing that here :roll: they didn't know we put pedal in a line)

changing the LFO speed and make a bigger change with modes could be nice, also, maybe, increase the output level via the "volume" control . (and why not creating a really low drive setting to overdriven the valve )

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

Analoggurru haven't made some pictures of that pedal ?
soulsonic posted earlier here some links with photos but shot is unclear to make a good redraw of the piggyback board
here
I'd try to take pics of the inside and solder side. I'm not really sure about desoldering wire, every time I modded an EHX product the PCB board trace fall appart. Plus, I may sell that pedal (need a cabinet) even if I'd love to keep it. So I'd see what I can do.
There's only one wire needed to desolder. The green one in photo. :D
changing the LFO speed and make a bigger change with modes could be nice, also, maybe, increase the output level via the "volume" control . (and why not creating a really low drive setting to overdriven the valve )
Yep...I hope others could also make some opinions on these. For slight overdrive effect, changes could be made simple by adding a cap in parallel with cathode resistors on the first half of the first tube. To complicate a bit, changing the anode resistor value also to tweak the voltage for desired gain. As for the volume tweak, maybe to try simple mod with lowering the value of 1M resistor before the volume pot, but I'm not sure how much it will change things.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Dose anyone complied this build?

Himister, your layout is looking lovely as always :) Also BIG thanks to Boris and the rest for input, I'm getting erection to build it :horsey:

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

Thanx P! :wink: I really hope we'll finish the rest of it very soon.
Cheers

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

Hoffman amps also carries the amvecco transformer. 8)
Skyline FX 2013

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

sinner wrote:Dose anyone complied this build?

Himister, your layout is looking lovely as always :) Also BIG thanks to Boris and the rest for input, I'm getting erection to build it :horsey:
thank you sinner

without soulsonic this all wouldn't be possible.... :thumbsup
and himister-s PCB awesome as always :hug:
.............................................no need to desolder wires... :thumbsup just make photo of component side,but nice photo...not from an angle....and if you can give us dimensions of piggy board :thumbsup .....and all other photos of that board are most welcome....

hope soon somebody is going to make it......with all those mods :blackeye :thumbsup

cheers

boris