Guyatone - TD-X Tube Echo (Flip Series)  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
GuitarManiac32
Information
Completed builds: BSIAB2, Zen Drive, Geoffrey Teese Picture wah, Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, Octavia, A LOT OF FUZZ PEDALS, Neovibe, Barber Tone Press-alike, few guitar amps (Soldano SLO 100, Dumble ODS, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall JTM-45, Fender Champ)

Post by GuitarManiac32 »

Hi!

I promised to put the schematic here already some days ago, but didn´t have enough time. So, here it is... if there is a thread about this pedal, moderators could move the schematic there or something.
Attachments
TD-X_EPK-466.pdf
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 996 times

Marko9801
Information

Post by Marko9801 »

Hi, I've just received this pedal, used... It obviously has a problem, the echo sound is clipping to the extreme... I don't mean the slight distorting of the delay signal that is normal, but simply clipping too loud...
When analog knob is anywhere over 0 it is distorting, but even "Tape" knob clips too much on the low E string...

What is most common for this problem? Faulty tube or should I return it today? I've tried with 2 different DC12V adaptors with the same clipping result... Please help, this pedal is too expensive too be this lousy sounding! :cry:

Marko9801
Information

Post by Marko9801 »

Marko9801 wrote:Hi, I've just received this pedal, used... It obviously has a problem, the echo sound is clipping to the extreme... I don't mean the slight distorting of the delay signal that is normal, but simply clipping too loud...
When analog knob is anywhere over 0 it is distorting, but even "Tape" knob clips too much on the low E string...

What is most common for this problem? Faulty tube or should I return it today? I've tried with 2 different DC12V adaptors with the same clipping result... Please help, this pedal is too expensive too be this lousy sounding! :cry:
Nevermind, it wasn't the pedal it was my 10W solid state amp... Played it on three other amps, tube amps, with no problem...

nyklus
Information

Post by nyklus »

hello, can you repost this schematic? i can find it anywhere.
thanks

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

sadrew
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sadrew »

please repost?

madmotoscooter
Information

Post by madmotoscooter »

Bump. Please re-post.

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

Goldsoundz
Information

Post by Goldsoundz »

i love this pedal, but I get the repeats bleeding through to the bypassed clean signal when they're oscillating, and the indicated led starts to light up a bit. Any thoughts?

Goldsoundz
Information

Post by Goldsoundz »

The schem and layout dont seem have component values. Also, does anyone know what the delay chip is in this thing (and any other delays that might use it)?

toby2
Information

Post by toby2 »

Does anyone out there have a schematic for this pedal ? Someone used the wrong power supply on mine and fried a chip or a transistor . A schematic for this pedal would be really help in troubleshooting this old effector . Thanks for your time !

guitarist
Information

Post by guitarist »

Hi there, did anyone find a schematic for this series as of yet?

thanks.

mollotof
Information

Post by mollotof »

Does anybody have a schematic of the wiring of the 3pdt switch ?
Or a picture of the guts of the pedal ?
Or can tell me which pin is s1, which pin is s2 ...
Thanks a lot ...