EHX - Micro Synth XO Version  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
KevinMitchell
Information
my favorite amplifier: Deluxe Reverb
Completed builds: What haven't I built?

Post by KevinMitchell »

puppiesonacid wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 10:26 peruse or pursue ?
Now you get nothing! :roll:

I'll likely do a main board (board A) and a kit version that has board A, board B for sliders and the drilled enclosure. There will be an option to purchase just board A so one could hand wire rotary pots.

I'll post a tease/demo when I have the prototypes in. That'll be a while.

-KM

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

KevinMitchell wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 18:24
puppiesonacid wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 10:26 peruse or pursue ?
Now you get nothing! :roll:
haha, i was legitimately asking not meaning to point out a spelling error :blackeye

Reachahighernoon
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Reachahighernoon »

Bernardduur wrote: 12 Apr 2012, 20:03 Full schematic; quite close to the bigger versions but also different.......

Enjoy!
In the schematics I noticed that it doesnt show what most of the IC's are connected to in terms of voltages, as in -V,+V and Ground

Any help here?

KevinMitchell
Information
my favorite amplifier: Deluxe Reverb
Completed builds: What haven't I built?

Post by KevinMitchell »

Reachahighernoon wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 12:13
Bernardduur wrote: 12 Apr 2012, 20:03 Full schematic; quite close to the bigger versions but also different.......

Enjoy!
In the schematics I noticed that it doesnt show what most of the IC's are connected to in terms of voltages, as in -V,+V and Ground

Any help here?
The ground reference comes from the buffered voltage divider (4.5v) in the XO circuit.
V+ is +9v, GND is +4.5v and -V is 0v.

The original big-box version is set up like this;
V+ is +18v, GND is +10v and V- is 0v.

Update coming soon. Sorry I'm dragging my feet with this one! I've been taking on quite a few insane projects this year. I know this is a very desirable build and I'm aiming on making it an easygoing one for all (well most) builders.

I can't believe it's been over two years since I had put the circuit on breadboard. Life happens fast. I suppose it's time to put the pedal to the floor on this one.

-KM

Andon
Information

Post by Andon »

Apologies for reviving an old topic, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to suss out what exactly would be needed for just the attack decay block of the circuit based on the schematics on page two of this topic? Is it just the transistor array (Q6, Q7, Q8) and the last half of U10, or are U12, U15, and their corresponding components also needed? I know a lot of the circuit sort of cascades from block to block, but being able to isolate just the attack decay would be peachy. Thanks!

Andon
Information

Post by Andon »

Bumping just in case.