Dunlop - JH-2S Jimi Hendrix Classic Fuzz  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

GodSaveMetal wrote:
Crumbchildz wrote:This is my first attempt at tracing a schematic out, but it looks pretty reasonable to me. Check it out, let me know if it's goofy.
Hey mister here is my layout based in your schem!! it is correct? take a look and let me know, thanks!!! I repost my layout!!!!

can any see this???? please

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

reverend wrote:I need help identifying this fuzz board. The seller whom I bought this from said this is some Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face from the 90s. Maybe someone could point me the right schematic for this and how this should be wired so I can get this to use.

The electrolytic caps are 2.2uF, 22uF and 100uF.

This are the values I compared with a scheme of JH-2; except for a resistor marked 150k in the photo; in the scheme are a 68K value; and the 470pF marked capacitor in parallel with that resistor in the scheme are 47pF value!!!!! here is the photo with the values:

From this scheme:

Anybody please it is correct the photo values???

richey88
Information

Post by richey88 »

Hi,

Idiot 1st time user here. Just acquired one of these red beauties, and am interested in what the trimpots do......can someone dumb it down for me> Great thread and I'm thrilled I found it, but when you talk about schematics and cap values I'm a little lost. It's my second one of these pedals, foolishly gave the other guitarist in my band the 1st one. Was happy to find another after going through some boutique, and garden variety fuzzers, I came home to the JH2S. Here's a clip:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10435605

Advice on the trimpots is appreciated!! Richey

Crumbchildz
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T
Ampeg V4b
Peavey Bass 400

Post by Crumbchildz »

The the first trim in the schematic I drew TP1 changes the input impedance (I believe). It ends up cleaning up the signal a bit, IIRC. The second trim pot adjusts the collector voltage for the first gain stage. I'd say mark their current positions and start twiddling. Dig it.
Loud's a tone, right?

richey88
Information

Post by richey88 »

Crumbchildz wrote:The the first trim in the schematic I drew TP1 changes the input impedance (I believe). It ends up cleaning up the signal a bit, IIRC. The second trim pot adjusts the collector voltage for the first gain stage. I'd say mark their current positions and start twiddling. Dig it.
I did, and I do! Got 'er just about where I like it (today :lol: ). Gigged with it already and it rocks for solos boosted with my Brewster Super Overtone (homemade LPB-1 clone w/ extra gain stage). Yeah!

Crumbchildz
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T
Ampeg V4b
Peavey Bass 400

Post by Crumbchildz »

Right on!
Loud's a tone, right?

ThoWmas31
Information

Post by ThoWmas31 »

GodSaveMetal wrote:
GodSaveMetal wrote:
Crumbchildz wrote:This is my first attempt at tracing a schematic out, but it looks pretty reasonable to me. Check it out, let me know if it's goofy.
Hey mister here is my layout based in your schem!! it is correct? take a look and let me know, thanks!!! I repost my layout!!!!

verifed ? correct layout ?

et1123
Information

Post by et1123 »

I have the FuzzFace 1030 board with the PH8089 and PH8090 pots. I was curious if anyone had a better picture of the wiring on the Jimi Hendrix System Fuzz. The picture from http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/du ... x/fuzzunit helps alot as I bought this pedal in a horrific state of disrepair with wires soldered to other wires to make them longer. An actual schematic would be awesome as well for this pedal, not a generic here is a fuzz face diagram. Thanks. I really want to get this running to use with my JH wah pedal.

et1123
Information

Post by et1123 »

nvm sorry I didn't even see this freakin page. I would delete my post but can't figure out how to do it

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

ThoWmas31 wrote:
GodSaveMetal wrote:
GodSaveMetal wrote:
[ Image ]

verifed ? correct layout ?
If you wana prove go ahead!!! yu can be my tester!!!!!!!!

Bernardduur
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: Welagen - ODR

Post by Bernardduur »

I got a rev D in for some minor work.

Inside a similar effect and yet different.

Sounded pretty awful. When I biased the unit it became awesome!! Sounds better then I expected!!
Dunlop - JH2S.JPG
'No more....... loud music.......'
Follow my love for pedals and amps on https://bernardduur.blogspot.com and https://www.instagram.com/bernardduur1