Questions about Boss CS-1

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
gigelmargel
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by gigelmargel »

Your work is fantastic, Manfred!
My CS-1 is exactly as in your picture, but on my both P873A is written 1A, while in your picture is written 1F and 1G, which may suggest that are different types, as for the transistors?
When I bought my CS-1, it was damaged due to a drained battery right in the rectangle between HTVs and Q4/Q5, so I changed almost all the components included. As far as I remember, I replaced only Q5 with a new 2SC1815, leaving Q4 in place. This could be a problem? Q4 and Q5 must be matched?

Anyway, before put the original values back (I don't want to solder/desolder many times because I am afraid I can damage the PCB) I hope to understand how the 4 changed values in the detector part affect the sound of it. Moreover, I hope to understand how the differences between Dynacomp-like values and this ones could affect the sound. Usually, I use a switch to test components chanes like this, but in the case of a compressor could be subtle changes :)