Dunlop Univibe UV-1 issues

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
hemisfeer
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Completed builds: A lot of the BYOC catalog as well as some ModKitsDiy pedals. Looking to venture in to amps someday. Need to learn some more

Post by hemisfeer »

Hello everyone. I have a Dunlop UV-1 univibe. Its the version with one main PCB. Not sure what Rev it is off hand. The issues I'm having are, noise in the signal path and an unresponsive speed control. I get static of sorts when it's in bypass and active. I also plug in the UV-1FC foot controller and the it bypasses the speed knob but it is still unresponsive. I'm guessing it could be the the optocoupler before the intensity control. But I can't find any replacement for the NSL-39S52. Volume and Intensity all work as they should. I also replaced the speed pot with a C10K as was the original.
Any insight would much appreciated.
Dunlop - Univibe UV-1 - Schematic (2-3).pdf
(444.22 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

hemisfeer
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Completed builds: A lot of the BYOC catalog as well as some ModKitsDiy pedals. Looking to venture in to amps someday. Need to learn some more

Post by hemisfeer »

An update, the Xvive Vactrol from small bear electronics is a good replacement for the vactrol in these. Might have to adjust the internal trim pots to get the speed in the proper range.

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcomm ... -vtl5c3-2/