Tone City - King of Blues (gutshots)

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
nooneknows
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by nooneknows »

Hi,
bought this double switch pedal second hand very cheap, I post the link to my shared google photos album of the inside circuit, front, with different lights, and back:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xvu33ddKnxAn4r7d7

I though it should be a clone of the Analogman King of tone, double independent switches, 3 control per side, but it's defintely not: right side I see 2 Ge diodes, a 7660 and TL072C and a double pot, I bet it's a Klon clone, on the other side I see a JRC4580 (?) and four diodes in what I think is the feedback loop, I don't know what it could be, it's certainly a pretty transparent overdrive .

as far as I can see has a pretty decent build quality, good soldering, neat connections, good quality components.

have fun
ciao
Marcello

brejna
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by brejna »

Thanks for posting. Probably right side is Klon and left Bluesbraker..

Frank_NH
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Frank_NH »

I had one of these and yes it's a Bluesbreaker circuit on the left and a Klon(e) on the right. Sound was OK but I thought the BB side was a little harsh and didn't match well with the Klon(e) side. Combining a Klon(e) with another overdrive circuit is a good concept, but I would have chosen a milder mid-boost circuit rather than a BB.