Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker and Distortion Mods?

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
louisgaudet
Information

Post by louisgaudet »

Hey all, I'm new to the modding game and slowly getting my head around schematics and such. As I understand it, the DF-2 pretty much has the same distortion circuit as the DS-1, though given it's fitted alongside the feedbacker, the schematic to an amature is decidedly more difficult to figure out. Now, following it I can kind of see how the distortion's the same, but I'm not so sure on how to perform DS-1 mods on it without possibly bricking the whole thing.

Mostly I like the big fuzzy mods that have been done on the DS-1, and I've seen some DF-2 mods that do even wilder fuzzy mods that gets super noisey and messy which sounds fun.

Anyhow, anyone got any suggestions on modding a DF-2?

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

Hello! I'd say buy a handful of parts and build a DS-1 from scratch, you'll learn more that way. Even better, get a breadboard so you can easily try out "mods". If you leave out the buffers and switching it's a simple schematic and ElectroSmash has a nice breakdown on how it works: https://www.electrosmash.com/boss-ds1-analysis
French name but doesn't know "amateur"? Sorry but that's funny.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

nooneknows
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by nooneknows »

louisgaudet wrote: 24 May 2020, 23:53 Hey all, I'm new to the modding game and slowly getting my head around schematics and such. As I understand it, the DF-2 pretty much has the same distortion circuit as the DS-1,
hello, no it's very very similar, so the mods of the DS1 apply on the DF2. this is a list of the equivalent components, so you can change them the same way, for Example the mod you expect on DS1 changing C10 is the same in DF2 changing C11 etc..:

DF-2 - DS-1

C3 - C3
R7 - R7
C5 - C5
C6 - C8
R17 - R13
C10 - C9
R22 - R14
D2,D3 - D4,D5
C11 - C10
R21 - R16
C13 - C11
R23 - R15
C12 - C12
R24 - R17

have fun

Aggressive_Value2369
Information
my favorite amplifier: Roland dac 10
Completed builds: Treble booster, green ringer and fuzz face (pcbs)

Post by Aggressive_Value2369 »

Far from cheap. Pimp my far too expensive to buy second hand pedal