"Little Angel" - Super Simple PT2399 Mini Chorus  [documentation]

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

dthurstan wrote:Hey

Here is my Little Angel build;

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Built for my mates 30th. The batch of enclosures I did last weekend that included this one is the best I've made.

I too am having trouble with the PT locking up. Changing the timing cap to 47uF made it worst, so I'm keeping it at 10uF. Using it on its own is fine. Its when I daisy it with other pedals were it locks up. I don't really have many chips to audition for it. I bought 3 off ebay. I'm giving him the pedal tomorrow so don't have time to mess with it much more.

Has anyone figured out what it is about the chip which causes lock up? I was thinking of getting some more chips and testing them when I find a good one I can send it to him to replace. I guess a good test would be to breadboard a simple delay circuit with a small timing resistor and see which chips don't lock up?

Also has anyone else noticed the popping? I put a 2.2M from input to ground on the reverse of the board but it hasn't helped.

Dave
Put the IN to ground by a yellow cable I draw in yor photo; you see it?? it makes the input to ground wen you shot OFF; it makes discharge the condensers to ground and no POP wen you shot ON the pedal!!!
Attachments
In to ground
In to ground

dthurstan
Information

Post by dthurstan »

Cheers for the tip GodSavesMetal. :thumbsup Input grounding the circuit in bypass, I may have to look at some of my other builds.

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

rocklander wrote:thanks for the suggestion. I've now got a 4K7 in there and get some wild depth, but the 500K pot still leaves plenty of room to drop it down to almost nothing...
:thumbsup
I managed that today, changing the 500k pot to 50k... seems to work fine

shiflet
Information

Post by shiflet »

Boys, i have a small problem with this pedal, i assembled and the effect is very low listening,that is to say, listening is very in the background the effect of the chorus, is not strong, it is not in unity, review the components and are all ok, use the layout version of the birthday, will be that one cannot give me a hand? Now change the IC's and the transistor, but the same thing is heard under, used everything that requests the scheme ...

shiflet
Information

Post by shiflet »

Anyone? :(

Cannibal
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Cannibal »

my first guess is that you've put a wrong value resistor in the mixing stage (the two 10k resistors before the output).
Seiche wrote:there's a difference between being drugged (I don't think it was only booze) and retarded.

Rax89
Information

Post by Rax89 »

Can you get John Scofield chorus sound out of it?

otsismi
Information

Post by otsismi »

I breadboarded this today but sometimes when I move the pots the chorus stops and then starts again. Is this the locking up problem?

fuzz_germanium
Information

Post by fuzz_germanium »

hello guys, i'm gonna build this pedal, but is necessary have a capacitor MKP? or condenser polyester is the same?

Thank you!

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Just use anything that fits, they will all work fine
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

fuzz_germanium
Information

Post by fuzz_germanium »

IvIark wrote:Just use anything that fits, they will all work fine

Thank you very much! :)

commathe
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by commathe »

Can anyone help me understand how this chorus works? I don't understand how the PT2399 is working in this circuit and I don't get how it even creates the chorus sound :(

grrrunge
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Loads!

Post by grrrunge »

commathe wrote:Can anyone help me understand how this chorus works? I don't understand how the PT2399 is working in this circuit and I don't get how it even creates the chorus sound :(
Then PT2399's pin 6 is grounded for the shortest possible delay time. Modulating the supply voltage then varies the delay time, giving you the wet side of the chorus effect. It's all pretty well documented throughout this thread.
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk

frequencycentral
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by frequencycentral »

When I was breadboarding using the PT2399 with delay set very short, I noticed that the delay time 'swooped' down if I disconnected power to the PT2399. Plugging an LFO into the chip's vref pin simulates power being disconnected/reconnected very quickly. It's cheating really.

commathe
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by commathe »

Isn't the Vref pin into the op-amps? How come that simulates the power being switched on and off?

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

i have search but i cant figure out, the sizes from the original PCB, its not specified, can anyone tell me the size?? im really interested on this chorus sounds amazing on the videos

RenéF
Information

Post by RenéF »

Hi

Does anyone have the original pcb-transfer PNG-file? The proportions are way off on the picture on page 1.

If you have the original file I would really like to get a hold of it :)

Thank in advance

René

frequencycentral
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by frequencycentral »

Resize to 48%.