KLON BUFFER VERO

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Ok, got it. No problem at all
k1rkyd wrote:Have you tried my PCB layout??
Looks great, but I made it by my self. I'm Express PCB-holic! :blackeye

harrisxr650
Information

Post by harrisxr650 »

hey man just found some time to check the pcb and i have a few questions...
is this a mirror image or i should do a mirror print? if this is ready to print then there is a wrong cause the marked corner of the opamp it cant fit there (dot in c1 side) but can fit the other way (dot to the power supply) i dont know its gonna work so i'm gonna wait for you to check it.
thanks again

k1rkyd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by k1rkyd »

harrisxr650 wrote:hey man just found some time to check the pcb and i have a few questions...
is this a mirror image or i should do a mirror print? if this is ready to print then there is a wrong cause the marked corner of the opamp it cant fit there (dot in c1 side) but can fit the other way (dot to the power supply) i dont know its gonna work so i'm gonna wait for you to check it.
thanks again
Hey buddy I'm on my phone so I can't check the PDF version but the first component layout Is correct and the pc board is the mirror image of that without the components!! Does that sound right to you??
I stepped up on the platform; a man gave me the news; he said "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"

harrisxr650
Information

Post by harrisxr650 »

yeap its right... but i think the orientation of the opamp is wrong its like i have to solder it in the trace side not the component side :)

k1rkyd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by k1rkyd »

harrisxr650 wrote:yeap its right... but i think the orientation of the opamp is wrong its like i have to solder it in the trace side not the component side :)
Hey man just double checked it and if you iron the ready to print version from the PDF on the second page onto the copper cladding, when you flip it back over to the component side, the orientation of the ic will then be correct!! Does that seem right to you?
I stepped up on the platform; a man gave me the news; he said "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"

harrisxr650
Information

Post by harrisxr650 »

first of all thanks for replying mate :) layout is fine i guess here is a pic to see

https://img824.imageshack.us/i/opamp.jpg/

the black 'x' points the opamp marked side and its the way it should be placed right? ( according to components schematic) if i turn the board on the component side the opamp marked side goes to the red 'x' and i'm not sure if its correct :)

k1rkyd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by k1rkyd »

harrisxr650 wrote:first of all thanks for replying mate :) layout is fine i guess here is a pic to see

https://img824.imageshack.us/i/opamp.jpg/

the black 'x' points the opamp marked side and its the way it should be placed right? ( according to components schematic) if i turn the board on the component side the opamp marked side goes to the red 'x' and i'm not sure if its correct :)
Hey buddy no problem :)
There seems to be a problem..
I have placed a mirror infront of the PDF ready to transfer (the large board at the top on the left) and it seems fine!
I'm not sure whether you have reversed the ready to transfer board and so it's come out back to front??

Where about are you based? Are you in the UK? If so, i will make you a board and send it??

Regards,
K1RKYD

harrisxr650
Information

Post by harrisxr650 »

nah its ok... :) i printed the 2nd page as you instructed. tha means my print is reversed? if so i can still reverse it and print it again. no big deal i guess :)

k1rkyd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by k1rkyd »

harrisxr650 wrote:nah its ok... :) i printed the 2nd page as you instructed. tha means my print is reversed? if so i can still reverse it and print it again. no big deal i guess :)
I hope all goes well.
I just made the vero layout and put it on a DPDT switch with this type of wiring
So i can add it if i want to.
Below is a photo of the distortion pedal with the buffer switch in view!

Works really well :D

Speak soon man,
K1RKYD

harrisxr650
Information

Post by harrisxr650 »

man that buffer rocks badly...after almost one year and i cant even think playing without it. there is a huge different if i dont use it ( tone sacking big time). my rig is the same yet only i moved my wah after the fuzz's and before the modulation pedals. i use the same 9v battery i put a year ago and still working. i wonder if i can make an a/b box (to use use for my lame tuner) and put it inside it. gone look for wiring over the internet. if you got anything i'll gladly accept it :D. again man this little circuit rocked my world. thanks :)

BaldPaul
Information

Post by BaldPaul »

The pdf host is gone. Could someone please post this vero layout? Thank much.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I don't know who's file you're referring to, but here's mine http://www.turretboard.org/?p=808

BaldPaul
Information

Post by BaldPaul »

Thanks!!

rizibiz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by rizibiz »

Ok I did another one because I don't like standing resistors - thanks IvIark for spoiling me :)
And to ground the inputs of the unused half of the TL072 (and I don't have TL071's on hand)

Red is +9V, Black is ground, Yellow is input, Green is output

rizibiz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by rizibiz »

rizibiz wrote:Ok I did another one because I don't like standing resistors - thanks IvIark for spoiling me :)
And to ground the inputs of the unused half of the TL072 (and I don't have TL071's on hand)

Red is +9V, Black is ground, Yellow is input, Green is output
I've just verified my own layout.

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

Hey, why are you guys wasting half a TL072? You could just use a TL071 and have the same circuit without the wasted extra opamp. You should consider trying it with an LF411 as well. It's a similar JFET input type, but has better overall spec.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

rizibiz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by rizibiz »

soulsonic wrote:Hey, why are you guys wasting half a TL072? You could just use a TL071 and have the same circuit without the wasted extra opamp. You should consider trying it with an LF411 as well. It's a similar JFET input type, but has better overall spec.
Yes indeed you are right. Let me explain: since a lot of pedals use TL072 dual opamps for buffers, etc. I have a huge stockpile on them. I tend to use this IC for tube screamer derivative circuits too. I don't keep single opamps in my parts box as I rarely use them. I don't shop for TL071 because in my country they ask the very same amount of money for the TL072. So I just buy TL072s in bulk and if the application needs only one op-amp I waste the other half of the dual op-amp package.

Anyways, thanks for the LF411 reference I'll check it out.

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

^this. If you use a dual opamp, you can also use different opamps and change them around. Or pull the TL072 and stick it into something else.

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I use singles alot. LM301, NE5534, LF411, CA3130 & 3140, 741... these are all very useful to have around. Most singles share the same pinout so you can swap 'em just like the duals.
LF412 is the dual version of the LF411, same pinout as all the other duals.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

rizibiz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by rizibiz »

soulsonic wrote:I use singles alot. LM301, NE5534, LF411, CA3130 & 3140, 741... these are all very useful to have around. Most singles share the same pinout so you can swap 'em just like the duals.
LF412 is the dual version of the LF411, same pinout as all the other duals.
Here LF412 costs 3 times a TL072. Nevertheless I'll buy one just to compare if I can hear a difference.
I still don't get the advantage of using singles since they are not cheaper or smaller. Speaking of my own layouts of course.
It's a different story when sourcing parts for an existing PCB or layout. :slap: