Tube Screamer - 808/Modified - Open Source Project  [verified]

Original effect designs complete with verified schematics, layouts and instructions. All project were freely contributed by members and cannot be used for commercial purposes without consent of the respective owners of the copyright.
madbean

Post by madbean »

Eagle files are included. Feel free to use these materials however you want---no permissions or restrictions are in place.

This is a modified 808. You can bypass any of the mods for the classic design, too.
TS_Schematic.gif
TS_PCB.gif
TubeScreamer_MBP.zip

madbean

Post by madbean »

Forgot the Library. Attached!
tubeScreamerLBR.rar

sinner
Old Solderhand

Post by sinner »

Ha! I was thinking about this topic not so while ago. The only thing stopping me from this was unknowable of Eagle. I guess it's time to sit and learn finally. Thank you Brian. Hopefully my version comes next

culturejam
Old Solderhand

Post by culturejam »

Great frickin idea!

Bean, could you do a quick tut on making up a new library with existing parts from other libraries? I've tried it a few times, and it never seems work out right.

Thanks

madbean

Post by madbean »

culturejam wrote:Great frickin idea!

Bean, could you do a quick tut on making up a new library with existing parts from other libraries? I've tried it a few times, and it never seems work out right.

Thanks

Very easy. Select "Use Library" in the Control Panel. Start a new project, and create a new schematic. Add all the symbols/parts you want in the new library to the schematic. Then, run the ULP for exporting the project library. I forget the exact name, but it's something like that. Export packages with it in the dialog.

I've been meaning to whittle down my library and eliminate some of the redundant packages it has (the gaussmarkov). This would be the way to go about that.

culturejam
Old Solderhand

Post by culturejam »

Yeah, I was looking at the Tubescreamer library of yours, and I see that it was "exported from Tubescreamer.brd", so I figured maybe I could just do up a schematic with all the parts I normally use, add them to a board, and then export.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. :thumbsup

culturejam
Old Solderhand

Post by culturejam »

Yeah, I'm not getting anywhere with this. :lol:

I don't see any way to "use library" from the Control Panel. I've added all the parts I want to a schematic, but I can't figure out how to export it as a library. :scratch:

madbean

Post by madbean »

1.gif
2.gif
3.gif
4.gif

culturejam
Old Solderhand

Post by culturejam »

Alrighty. I was able to cobble together a library, but I got ALL the parts in each group, instead of just the one I wanted.

One step at a time, I suppose.

madbean

Post by madbean »

You can also create a new library in the Control Panel, then right click on items in another library and add them to the new one. This is probably easier. You will automatically get all variations with a package. So, if you copy 6mm resistors from Gausmarkow to the new one, you will get 6MM.1, 6MM.2, etc.

culturejam
Old Solderhand

Post by culturejam »

Thanks, man!

By the way, I was able to add my custom library fine, but I can't get the Tubescreamer library you made to show up when I got to ADD. I see it listed in the Control Panel, and it's set to "USE", but I can't make it show up when I want to ADD a part. Any ideas?

Also, do you have a DPDT that's not PCB-mount?