Shin-ei/Univox Uni-Vibe [Replica Files]

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

yes, i know, and i'd like it but then i'd just need to find another person or company who could do the white paint. any idea ?

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Edit : just ordered from your source, the company in Germany can actualy do it apparently with 0,025" thick.
cool news ! thanks.

ED5150
Information

Post by ED5150 »

Anybody knows which photocells Catalinbread is using in this univibe?
Silonex?
Around 1:53min there's a close up of the breadboard.

stg44
Information

Post by stg44 »

Hi guys, since turretboard is down, i can't find the files in this thread, can yuo please repost them, especially the PCB transfer file for the original univibe? Thanks !

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

You should read the whole thread, they're posted here

stg44
Information

Post by stg44 »

I readed the 23 pages, but there is no PCB transfer !

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

sorry, i misread, you meant the transfer files ... i don't know, i didn't use them. the rest is all here.

stg44
Information

Post by stg44 »

Yes, i have everything else, i only need the transfer files, in order to etch my PCB !

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Maybe in another thread if i remember correctly, still about the univibe but another, or google.

vintagecharlie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by vintagecharlie »

Hi folks,

i started a Univibe build. Here are some pics of the board so far:

Some open questions creeped up during the build: - can N4007 diodes be used as a good substitute for SM150, if not, what readily available diodes come closest to the specs/performance of SM150?

Also, could you please help identify the values marked with the beautiful high fidelity yellow circles? They are from Fastockers early univibe, but i could not find any higher res. picture - Jim, if you read this, please let me know. Otherwise, maybe someone else has a higher quality image backed up somewhere?

Image I have 100k instead of the 200k that is on Fastockers early vibe. What would be the difference be?

I also would like to incorporate the offset bias mod into this build - i suppose i will have to make some changes to the bias circuit for that. Does anyone have a good layout or guide for this - on how to incorporate the offset bias mod to a stock univibe circuit?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

VintageCharlie

Fastocker
Information

Post by Fastocker »

Nice build going on there!

Diodes -- 4001 thru 4007 will work. 4001 is a nearly direct replacement for an SM150 and works fine.

Small cap circled in yellow is a 470pF on my early Uni-Vibe.

Two electrolytics circled are 0.68uF. That's what came on the very early Uni-Vibes and gives a tad faster speeds.

200K was on the early units that didn't have the trimmers. I'd recommend using a 100K in that spot.

I think Adrien hooked up an offset trimmer to his build so maybe check with him . . . ?

JJK

vintagecharlie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by vintagecharlie »

Thanks for the quick reply and valuable info! Am almost there. Still have to receive the transformer and then figure out how to test everything without electrocuting myself.

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

pm'ed you the infos about the offset bias from JC Maillet. nice start !
posting it here again. remove two resistors, and see the little "x" , with "x center" for the center lug of the 250k trimpot. one lug is going Under that board, simple!.

here is some pictures of mine :
Attachments
Univibe - 16.jpg
offset bias version JC Maillet - zoom.jpg
IMG_5134.jpg
Univibe - 12.jpg
Univibe - 10.jpg
Univibe - 7.jpg

vintagecharlie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by vintagecharlie »

Thanks Xplorer, will first try it stock and then check out this mod.

Board is done for now, waiting for the transfomrer to get here and am awaiting the moment of truth.

Here is the current state:

vintagecharlie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by vintagecharlie »

Hey guys,

i receivewd the transformer and want to put together a test-unit. I have no foot controller, but i have the proper dual pot for speed control and am hence wondering how do the DIN5 pins need to be wired up to the dual pot of the foot controller, in order to work correctly? Thanks a bunch in advance!

Kind regards,

VintageCharlie

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

It should be a good exercise to check the schematic and see whatbis what between the circuit and the foot controler, to make the proper connections between what's out of the midi and the controler.
The layout for the foot controler had a mistake and it took le 2 days to spot it, but thanks, the schematic was there.

Plexibuilder
Information

Post by Plexibuilder »

Awesome thread, would to build one myself. Can someone help? Btw I normally hang out at the Metro Forum as Axeman building Plexi amps and would like to master this build.

Plexibuilder
Information

Post by Plexibuilder »

beedotman wrote:ok... here's first one - little smaller PCB version (6" x 3.5") some modifications:
# little pcb layout clean up (unified spacing for resistors, capacitors, transistors)
# input resistor on board
# added Bulb Bias trimpot
# pads for electro capacitors has indicated polarity (accordingly to factory schematic)
... and that's all I think...

Component names follows Sinner's schematic.

I checked layout few times, so it should be OK, but I will appreciate verification by some one else. :D

I'm working on 1590p size PCB with kinda mojo look and component placement, just need to check it once again, will post it soon.

Any comments? Suggestions?
Can Someone PLEASE direct me to the layout with the resistor values?

Plexibuilder
Information

Post by Plexibuilder »

I cant believe this

Hi Arturo,

I can sell you 4 pcs of Secret Magical LDR for the UV. This are discontinued and no possible to find because I bought all the stock available.
If you are interested I can sell you four pieces to 400 u$d.-

Waiting your reply,

David.-

PS: I have audio and videos of a famous guitarrist using and testing my creations. (REALLY HENDRIX SOUNDS)

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

stg44 wrote:I readed the 23 pages, but there is no PCB transfer !
for what it's worth,
I posted the layout of my resleytone on pag 2 of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3533&hilit=psychedelic&start=20
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com