The chopper - duty cycle tremolo

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
devastator
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by devastator »

Hi guys,

Just wanna share a nice project I've just finished . it's a tremolo with duty cycle variation . The lfo isn't really mine it's a modified Ray Wilson's LFO . I changed few values to make it better for a tremolo project.

few words about it . I replaced the tradditional square wave by a kind of "soft square" made of an op-amp. It avoids ticking noise . I added a x2 gain stage at the end to allow a volume pot . (that way no complains about the volume drop) . this stage is not really necessary , the ota gives a good volume boost but I had a TL072 left and like to use all the parts.

I used standard values hence the 2 100K resistors in the oscillator but obviously you can replace it with a 200K. The same method was used for 5k (4K7+1K) in the waveshaper op-amp , before the depth pot.

the speed is low at min but you can increase the tail resistor to make it faster.

for those who don't know Ray Wilson I highly recomend you to go to his website, it isn't guitar related , it's synth DIY , but it's really interesting !

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/inde ... 70&VPH=750

enjoy!
Attachments
tremolo.jpg