Tone Trickler

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

ttv42-68-33-1.png
I'll start off with a little background.
I don't know much about electronics.
I soldered my 1st circuit about 3 months ago but have immersed myself in schematics and breadboards the whole time.
Also I'm probably the only person out there that is breadboarding and testing with a single coil lap steel and a cheap karaoke speaker.
So that said any and all feedback and analysis with different setups is greatly appreciated.

I started with a Bazz Fuzz and cascaded between decades and bias complementing values in an attempt to get a single transistor to do a bit of everything.
I've made a few differently valued variations based each of the schematics, changing values with the basic concept, decade and bias complementing values.

It's like I told the waiter I'll take one of each and then mixed the plate up.
There's flutter, compression, sustain, fuzz. All sorts of goodness going on.

They are both stand alone effects but the beauty is what I call the Trannie Trickler.
You take the circuit and mod it to a daugtherboard where line in goes to a buffer/3 way splitter then from there to 2 differently valued Tricklers that you summon and blend ala Klone, and then summon and blend with the dry signal once again ala Klone.

I've been using a common LM324 buffer/splitter schematic and TL072 for summoning because of the parts I have but there are so many ways of doing like TL082 and Jfet buffer/splitters ect.

So I decided to put it out there and see what folks do with it as a module.

I think it's a winner. I'm putting this out there with a Creative Commons BY-SA if anybody wants to say thank you with a parts package I could use some germanium, extra boards, ect.
Attachments
tonetricklerv42-100-47-B1.png
"There is discussion, brainstorming, disagreement, testing, verified layout and schematic. We are the fucking stompbox university -- only for those who still read though..." - Modman