Mammoth Electronics - Bermuda Tremolo  [documentation]

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

I got a board for the Mammoth Electronics Bermuda Tremolo as an add on to a part order from Cusack over at Stompboxparts.com.

The build guide is readily available online but it doesn't have the schematic nor was I able to find it searching around.

So, I decided to trace it before make it. I guess this is the correct place for the thread since it was designed as a diy kit.
MammothBermudaTremolo.png
The board itself has 3 different gnd pads but they all connect so I just used one big ground plane on the schematic instead of a bunch of gnd markers.

The pad by the LED heads off to the footswitch/bypass circuit.

The 100r at the 9v input is interesting. I suppose it helps with lfo bleed but I don't know.
"Just because the forgoing circuits have produced results there is no reason experimenting won't lead to added results." L. E. Darling, in his article containing the earliest published vacuum tube synthesizer circuit, Popular Science Jan 1920

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

cspar wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:48 I got a board for the Mammoth Electronics Bermuda Tremolo as an add on to a part order from Cusack over at Stompboxparts.com.

The build guide is readily available online but it doesn't have the schematic nor was I able to find it searching around.

So, I decided to trace it before make it. I guess this is the correct place for the thread since it was designed as a diy kit.
MammothBermudaTremolo.png

The board itself has 3 different gnd pads but they all connect so I just used one big ground plane on the schematic instead of a bunch of gnd markers.

The pad by the LED heads off to the footswitch/bypass circuit.

The 100r at the 9v input is interesting. I suppose it helps with lfo bleed but I don't know.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... s.2087118/

It seems like Mammoth Electronic bit the dust and Cusack took over the inventory? Great work, maybe the kits came without schematic in the first place, if this is the documentation that came with it?

https://moodysounds.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

Cusack sells the old Mammoth Pcbs as well as pots, etc on his stompboxparts.com site.

He only offers one effect at a time. They are always in the clearance section and you can enter a promo code for a free one with a $10 min purchase.

He doesn't seem to host documentation but tells you to Google for it and sometimes provides a direct link.

The kit instructions link you posted the link to was all I found in searching.

It's weird that Mammoth generally didn't include schematics in their documentation.

The Bermuda is a modded EHX Pulsar. I can't compare versions of the Pulsar topology as I only have the Bermuda.

If you're looking to build one and miss out on Cusack's last board take a look at the Tonepad Pulsar.

It's pretty close and could be modded into a Bermuda easier than any other layout I've seen.
"Just because the forgoing circuits have produced results there is no reason experimenting won't lead to added results." L. E. Darling, in his article containing the earliest published vacuum tube synthesizer circuit, Popular Science Jan 1920

timkenyon
Information

Post by timkenyon »

I really appreciate the share of the schematic too. Very helpful.

I have a stray solder pad next to Q2 that looks like it should connect to something but doesn’t. Can anyone shed some light?

timkenyon
Information

Post by timkenyon »

Actually, add two more:

Small one by depth pot pads (assuming this is for ground.)

Small one next to under C6 leads to the small pad by the depth pot.

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

The pcb as a handful of ground solder pads and perhaps a via or two.

I'm at least a day's drive from the pedal so I'm not sure which is what.

timkenyon
Information

Post by timkenyon »

These may help. They may not.
Attachments
PCB back
PCB back
PCB front
PCB front

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

Those are vias. They connect the 2 sides of the board.

There is no ground plane on the mammoth board and things sort of snake around because of it.

timkenyon
Information

Post by timkenyon »

That’s awesome. Thanks for the info. That just reduces the amount of soldering I have left to do.

I appreciate y’all taking the time to answer me and check the PCBs.