Aquaboy ver.2 - Aqua Puss board ordering info and document  [documentation]

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

Here's the link to the ordering page for the new, smaller Aqua Puss board - the AquaBoy ver.2
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/aquaboy/[/url]

The pricing for the boards is $7.50 each for any quantity. Rather than setting up different pricing for different quantities, I just went with what I thought was the cheapest and most reasonable price for everyone. However, if you plan on ordering more than 20 boards for some reason, contact me first and I will arrange a discount for you.

Shipping is as follows: domestic shipping is $2 per order for up to 9 boards, and $3 thereafter. International shipping is $3 per order for up to 9 boards, and $4 thereafter.

Specifications: w = 2.082", l = 3.102", fitted for 125B style enclosures. ROHS compliant, 1oz copper, .062", red solder mask

I'm going to leave the order page up for at least a week. I've set it up so it will cut off after 200 boards are ordered, but if we exceed that I will open it up again. I plan on placing the order by the end of this coming week. Turnaround time is usually pretty quick, so I expect to receive the boards within 10 days. I'll start shipping the boards immediately after getting them from the manufacturer, so the start date for shipping should be right around the first week of February.

Also, anyone who purchased a prototype board from me should contact me before ordering. I have made different arrangements for your orders.

Here is the project documentation:
Aquaboy_ver2.pdf
please feel free to ask any questions in this thread, or email me at:

Code: Select all

brian@madbeanpedals.com
Thanks!!

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Nice work, hombre..... you're definitely setting the new standard for project files.....

Ry
Information

Post by Ry »

This rocks so hard that I can hardly stand it. Nice work!

mcaviel
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by mcaviel »

That's Great,
Placed my order!

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

I'd definitely botch the etch job on this, so I went ahead and bought one. :lol:

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

If there is any interest in a group purchase of the specific trimmers I list in the project docs, I'd be willing to put that together, too. I could get 50 sets of the three trimmers in within a couple of days.

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

I could also add in the 475k and 47k5 resistors, and the LF353N (I can actually get these for $.30).

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

I think you could, even with the PCB mounted pots (if you are using them). The 125B is pretty tall.

If I have time, tomorrow I will draw up an additional drilling guide with the jacks on top. If would be even easier if you use the plastic enclosed types, like Fulltone uses. They are available from smallbear. They have a somewhat smaller footprint.

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

I'd probably be interested in a set of the trimmers and resistors yeah.

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

Okay, after some figuring, I could offer this in addition to the boards:

Component Add-on pack
The LF353N, the 3 trimmers and the 475k and 47k5 resistors for an additional $3 per board. I can actually do about 100 of these add-on packs. This is basically cost + the extra it costs me for shipping+tax (Mouser is local for me) to get them + Paypal fee.

Anyway, if there is enough interest I will go ahead and do this. I'd like to get a few affirmatives before dropping $200+ to get this stuff :D

If most folks are planning on getting their LF353's with the group order, I can drop those and reduce the price (I don't want to mess up the group order, either)

culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

madbean wrote:If there is any interest in a group purchase of the specific trimmers I list in the project docs, I'd be willing to put that together, too. I could get 50 sets of the three trimmers in within a couple of days.
Would it be that big of a deal to use 20K instead of 22K for the bias trimmer? I can't imagine it would be, but I know *nothing* about this circuit.

just1more
Information

Post by just1more »

Any chance of getting the double delay time and modulation add-on boards included in the group buy as well?

Thanks for all your hard work to get us to this point too.

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

just1more wrote:Any chance of getting the double delay time and modulation add-on boards included in the group buy as well?

Thanks for all your hard work to get us to this point too.
hehe.. just what I was thinking before I read your post.
The modulation I could live without, but the double delay would make this an awesome project (even more than it already is).
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

mcaviel
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by mcaviel »

I would love to get my boards with the Component Add-on pack
minus The LF353N, as i am planning to get them on the group order.

Thanks
and :applause: to you!

Ry
Information

Post by Ry »

I would be interested in the component add on package. I already paid for two boards.

jrjoe21
Information
my favorite amplifier: DIY Chieftain-R66 clone
Completed builds: Many

Post by jrjoe21 »

Ry wrote:I would be interested in the component add on package. I already paid for two boards.
Same here... Ordered 2 boards earlier... Interested in the addon pack.

By the way, thanks for putting this together !
Joe
“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” - E. Hemingway

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

Okay, I will get an order together today for Mouser. I'm think it will be some variation of trimmers, resistors, transistors and IC and let people choose what they want. I've also decided I will at least include the 475k and 47k5 resistors at no charge for ALL the orders. It's cheap for me to get them, and I'd like to add that in as a little extra since many may have trouble sourcing them.

BTW: you can sub 470k and 47k for those values, resp., without any change in quality, but since we are all die-hards why not do it exactly?

elwe23
Information

Post by elwe23 »

I would like to get one board with the Component Add-on pack.

I'm in France

Thierry

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

ibodog2 wrote:In that 125B is there enough clearance to tuck the output jacks under the board up at the back by the power jack?

I think its possible if you get the tall PCB-mounted jacks. I did and tried it and *ALMOST* got it to fit with open switchcraft jacks. Choose your parts right (short electros might buy you a tad more room), drill your jack holes as close as possible to the top of the box, and maybe use enclosed jacks and you could get it to work.

danielzink
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Too many: www.danielzink.com

Post by danielzink »

What pcb mount pots are we using ? Any 16mm pcb mt - or will they need the offset like the red boards ?

Thanks, Dan
http://www.danielzink.com
MoonWatcher wrote: Silent ain't better. If someone cracks the shitwind, I want to know what's headed my way. Silence is for the library and the cemetery.