Supplies from AMAZON!

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Mellotron Man
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hartke KM-50, for my Mellotron!
Completed builds: None - so far, despite having a huge amount of components. I've just started building 3 (yes, three) Reverb units that use a PT2399! 3? Yes - one for my Mellotron a 2 for musician friends of mine in Stafford, England. One is a self-trained guitarist and the other is a keyboard whizz!

Post by Mellotron Man »

I have to say that this surprised me as well! I recently bought 10 x MN3207 for £6.81p (for delay/chorus/echo units) and 50 x BF244B for £13.13p (for a 3-notch Phaser). I did some digging around Amazon, and I found some real bargains, such as 50 x LM13700 for £30.39p, which is less than 61p each. Farnell and Digikey sell them for about £2 each! Amazon also sell PT2399.
I don't know what electronic components appear on Amazon outside the U.K. nor their cost, but it could be worthwhile having a look. IF you do buy components from them, the delivery time may be on the long side as they probably come from China. That's where my MN3207s and BF244Bs came from. They said that they would be delivered in the middle of August, BUT they turned up within 10 days, which I think is acceptable. Try your luck!
I don't have anything to say, so I won't say it!

tonyharker
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tonyharker »

Check the seller. A lot of Chinese sellers sell via Amazon.