Group buy of EH Bad Stone Phase Shift boards

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

I noticed in the BOM that a 1.5uf Tantalum cap is specified for C13, but the cleaned up schematic shows 1uf. The other schematic, http://topopiccione.atspace.com/pjimage ... ne.sch.gif shows 1.5uf as well so I suppose that is going to be the correct value. Anyone know?
I first used 1uF+0.47uF in parallel, but didn't like the way it looks, so then did a little test on a breadboard, switching the paralleled caps with a single 1uF, without any noticeable change (at least on sound)

timbo_93631
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Low wattage SE amps
Completed builds: Many many many true bypass and voicing mods on wahs.
A few BYOC kits and DS-1 mods and eventual murder then rebirth into an actually useful pedal, Bad Stone clone, various Rangemasters/SilconMasterBlaster, The worlds greatest gutted GCB-95 volume pedal conversion with various switching options for controlling amps. Repaired many tube amps, scratchbuilt Marshall 18 watt clone and Supro 1616t rebuild. Delays, fuzz, dirt, every Madbean project I could afford. I even manage to find time to make babies with my wife too!

Post by timbo_93631 »

ckyvick wrote:1.5 tants are much more uncommon than 1.0uf electros, thats what im guessing
I found a 10 pack of 1.5uf Axial Tatalums on ebay for a buck + shipping. Will have extras leftover along with the LM IC's I mentioned earlier. Getting started this weekend! The board looks killer BTW! Very nice quality, very robust.
"I wish to be in the situation of non killing my balls bills, and life surprises." -Sinner
"Everyone gets their shorts in a twist over who polished the fenders. No one cares about who designed the engine..." -DougH

ckyvick
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ckyvick »

^Thanks for the nod. Got my pcb today, did anyone else have to pay the post office to get theirs? Either way this pcb is damn sexy! Thanks for putting this together :hug:

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Shouldn't have to pay the PO to get your boards.... Are you outside of the US?

ckyvick
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ckyvick »

Im in Hawaii, not sure if it matters? I blame usps :wink: It was only 34 cents for the postage due thou so there's no worry.

timbo_93631
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Low wattage SE amps
Completed builds: Many many many true bypass and voicing mods on wahs.
A few BYOC kits and DS-1 mods and eventual murder then rebirth into an actually useful pedal, Bad Stone clone, various Rangemasters/SilconMasterBlaster, The worlds greatest gutted GCB-95 volume pedal conversion with various switching options for controlling amps. Repaired many tube amps, scratchbuilt Marshall 18 watt clone and Supro 1616t rebuild. Delays, fuzz, dirt, every Madbean project I could afford. I even manage to find time to make babies with my wife too!

Post by timbo_93631 »

Again. A great PCB! Easy soldering, nice compact layout. Are you going to get more of these once your supply is exhausted? I am going to send this pedal around to some of my good repeat customers and I expect quite a few will want one. Thanks!
"I wish to be in the situation of non killing my balls bills, and life surprises." -Sinner
"Everyone gets their shorts in a twist over who polished the fenders. No one cares about who designed the engine..." -DougH

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

azrael wrote:
Scruffie wrote: It was built with the 1590BB in mind but it might fit I guess :hmmm:
it's about the exact width, and there's just enough room the switch. I think it can be done! I'm going to see if I can wire it up today after class. :D
Did you find out if it would cram into a 125B or not? :hmmm: :horsey:

azrael
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by azrael »

I certainly hope so....
Otherwise...
This could get very awkward. :lol:

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

Oh I am liking that :applause:

Can we expect our first demo from you...? It looks like the sorta pedal you'd see demo'd on youtube :D

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

hey guys,
i really like the idea of this group effort thing!
is there another group project planned?

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

Seiche wrote:hey guys,
i really like the idea of this group effort thing!
is there another group project planned?
Glad you enjoyed it :block:

Maybe, if there's enough time, money and interest and the other parties concerned agree... we'll just have to wait and see :)

This one is still open though :horsey:

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Not for much longer.....only about 20 boards left now.

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

hey abfackeln,

i have received my board a couple days ago! Good stuff! Don't when i will be able to build the pedal, though.

how many boards did you get made in total?

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Seiche wrote:how many boards did you get made in total?
Ordered about 100.... less than 20 left now.

r4ndy
Information

Post by r4ndy »

Thanks for putting this together. Getting ready to buy parts for this and a bunch of other pcb's. This is my first time sourcing parts for entire projects, up until now it has been all kits and mods. The parts list did not have pf/uf next to the caps. When I look at the schematic all the caps have uf, so I am assuming all the cap values are expressed in uf. I just wanted to double check before ordering because I need to buy a bunch of 470pf's and this is the only board that call for a 470uf.

Thanks

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

r4ndy wrote:Thanks for putting this together. Getting ready to buy parts for this and a bunch of other pcb's. This is my first time sourcing parts for entire projects, up until now it has been all kits and mods. The parts list did not have pf/uf next to the caps. When I look at the schematic all the caps have uf, so I am assuming all the cap values are expressed in uf. I just wanted to double check before ordering because I need to buy a bunch of 470pf's and this is the only board that call for a 470uf.

Thanks
Yup they're all in uF, so 0.047 is 47nF and 470 is 470uF.
Good luck with the build!

r4ndy
Information

Post by r4ndy »

Thanks Scruffie!

Barcode
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Barcode »

Just did some checking and this will fit in a 125B, but only if you turn the board sideways and don't board mount the pots.

azrael
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by azrael »

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Got sidetracked with some other builds but I'm finishing it up now. Does a non true bypass LPB affects the tone of the circuit any?

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

azrael wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Got sidetracked with some other builds but I'm finishing it up now. Does a non true bypass LPB affects the tone of the circuit any?
Don't know of anyone that's tried it yet! If the pedal is true bypass it wont affect the overall tone but it might add some colour to the Bad Stone, don't really know!