Cheapest place for VTL5C3s and their ilk OR decent CdS cells

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
pandadandan
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by pandadandan »

As the Japanese manufacturers over here don't seem particularly bothered about vactrols and the like, their prices are fairly high I think (cheapest Ive found for a VTL5C3 is $6.50 each).

Any place worldwide that would be cheaper?

danielzink
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Too many: www.danielzink.com

Post by danielzink »

Don't know how the shipping would be to Japan - but I just sourced one from Small Bear $5.75

Dan
http://www.danielzink.com
MoonWatcher wrote: Silent ain't better. If someone cracks the shitwind, I want to know what's headed my way. Silence is for the library and the cemetery.

pandadandan
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by pandadandan »

I was in that shop two days ago..... :lol:

400Meg resistance. Hmmm....That's an exact match for the VTL5C4.

I dunno if that's a good one for tremolo pedals and the like.

donpachi
Information
my favorite amplifier: Norlin L9

Post by donpachi »

There is an ebay seller who goes by the name westfloridacomponents. He offers VTL5C3s for $3,60 each (in packs of two). I cannot comment on their service yet. They do ship to Japan - if the US postal service charges the same rate like for Europe, shipping is about $5.
HTH

Peake
Information

Post by Peake »

The VTL5C4 is slower than the 5C3, so check the datasheets before using it in a circuit which requires some speed (fast LFOs, envelopes, etc.)

That said, allelectronics.com have them for $2.50 each in their new spring catalogue. They don't ship out of the US, however.

Allied have good prices on vactrols and
http://bridechamber.com/bridechamber.co ... 20ICs.html

have 5C3 for $3.75 and 5C3/2 for $4.95, and ship overseas for $5.00.
http://bridechamber.com/bridechamber.co ... 0Info.html

That said, anyone know where I can find HTV P873 ? Not the A, or the -13. The schemo I'm after shows the one I need as having six pins, number six not connected, and the resistor having a center tap like a potentiometer. Web searches are failing me...I've ordered two -13s from smallbear but fear that they are incorrect, and are more like the 5C3/2. Thanks for any insight/sources.