Amp parts : pack of iskras - piher - mustards - micas .....

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Hello,

i'm selling one pack of pièces including various stuffs :

-2 x light indicators 105v - 125v
-3 x RS wirewound resistors 470 ohms 5w + 1 extra not RS
-2 x RS wirewound résistors 1k 5w
-silver micas : 2 x arc'ed logo RS 500pf 500v + 3 x Silver mica 560pf 500v including one SRC, one RS branded, and one RS arc'ed logo RS

1 x mullard mustard 0,68uf 160v
2 x mullard mustard 0,022uf 400v
5 x mullard mustard 0,1uf 400v
4 x mullard mustard 2200 pf 400v

two Blue Erie 32uf 450v bought reformed, but they pbably need a new reforming, since i bought them a while ago. measuring arround 43uf.
one Blue erie 250uf 50v
one free grey RS 32uf 450v. unfortunately i broke one lead, but if someone can join it again or do something, it would be great.

one Nos paxolin voltage selector : four sélections possible. + 4 plugs

iskras 0,5w :

- 4 x 2k7
- 2 x 82k
- 2 x 68k
- 4 x 15k
- 6 x 27k
- 3 x 33k
- 3 x 470 ohms
- 2 x 56k
- 7 x 47k
- 5 x 100k
- 3 x 10k
- 4 x 1M
- 2 x 820 ohms

piher 0,5w, 2 of each :

-1k5
-8k2
-470 R

- one 10k 1w

800 $ for the package paypaled and shipped, insured and signed.
Thank you.
Attachments
silver mica.jpg
mustards.jpg
ww resistors.jpg

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Attachments
iskra 3.jpg
iskra 2.jpg
Piher L.jpg

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Attachments
electro caps.jpg
lights l.jpg

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Also, several parts, piher resistors, effects, pickups ...

:arrow: No ads from shops, or links to your own ebay listings.

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

Xplorer wrote: 800 $ for the package paypaled and shipped, insured and signed.
:lol: :ROFL :ROFL :withstupid

I suppose a Gear Polisher might pay that much for $2.50 of parts....... :ROFL
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

[quote] Xplorer wrote:800 $ for the package paypaled and shipped, insured and signed.

If this price is right , I must be be a rich man then , I guess ! :P

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

2,50 $ of parts .... Mmh .... Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.
Snofia, what rare parts do you have in stock again ?

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

mictester wrote:
Xplorer wrote: 800 $ for the package paypaled and shipped, insured and signed.
:lol: :ROFL :ROFL :withstupid

I suppose a Gear Polisher might pay that much for $2.50 of parts....... :ROFL
:horsey:

if you ever took a look Inside an original early $$$$$$$$ Marshall, you'd have recognized these parts :

http://amparchives.com/album/Marshall/1 ... index.html

http://amparchives.com/album/Marshall/1 ... index.html

Hendrix amp :

http://amparchives.com/album/Marshall/1 ... _6171.html

http://amparchives.com/album/Marshall/1 ... _0746.html

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

+ if you'd like to collect these parts for a replica project ( it's not just about the look and the accuracy, it's very important for the original tone, this isn't just a mojo hype stuff ) , good luck finding all this ! you could wait months and months, spending much more $ than the cost of this package.
If you don't want it, nevermind, some others will know the value of it.

for my first JTM 45/100 build ( Hendrix experience - ACDC - Led zep - Pete Townshend ) it took me 2 years to hunt these specific 60' parts that made the difference. Historicaly, it's thanks to these british electronic parts that the JTM 45/100 , being a british clone of the Fender Bassman, sounded Marshall, different. But maybe you didn't know that.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Xplorer wrote:2,50 $ of parts .... Mmh .... Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.
Snofia, what rare parts do you have in stock again ?

2.50 might be a rather low indication. A few years ago I sold some mustard caps which were used and made quite a good price for them. At least, in my opinion. However that was still in the below 50 euro's range. Not bad for some caps harvested from old TV sets, broken radios and similar consumer electronics stuff.

However, I do tend to agree with Mictester. There's some out there that have the opinion that the character of old stuff is in the components. This is partially true. First there's the consideration that parts that are used in a working appliance will age different than when left in the parts bin unused. Therefore the part may look right but will not behave the same in the given circuit. Not that circuit after 40 years of use and not that circuit as "when it was new. Second is that a large part of that sound cannot be identified by that one component alone but is the combination of all parts and their tolerances.

many people, among which TGP corksniffers who are in the opinion they're an expert, are very willing to forget the above because of the desire to do a parts for parts replica. That mainly means "it looks genuine". Because of the hunt for that specific component they have to search for it and conclude it's rare and therefore must be worth a lot. Repeat that conclusion often and you will have a share of followers of "lesser minds" who also start to believe it's worth a lot of money.

So, if 2.50 is the right price I doubt. Some of those components may sell for more. However, other than some capacitors and those bulbs (excluding the electrolits which I'd never want to use in a years old unused state) I see nothing in that list that I would pay even the Mictesters suggester 2.50 for.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

That's a lot of partial advices from peoples who don't really know the difference. I do.
Tour story, your imagination... This isn't the reality actualy, even though it is believable, because of the speculations ....

Why do you think mallory and sozo try to clone this mustards ?

+ , even after 40 years, such amps are fantastic, if not better.

Please, if you don't buy it, at least don't post negative stuffs about these parts, thanks.

I agree that there's a lot of speculation on these parts, since they're rare. But they're not only genuine, they sound genuine.
And off course, it's much better if you complete the circuit with only these parts. A single one here and there ( except for the silver micas ) won't really make a difference.
This package is quite complete, following the prices of the market.

If you want to go the modern way, thinking it'll be the same, go for it, and end up with a ceriatone sound.
Reaaaally not the same.

Transformers and tubes are more important, but these silver mica, mustards, piher and iskra play a big role, even if you fon't agree. I could compare. I'm selling mine at a cheaper price. Sometimes you could see some delirious prices like 200 £ for a single RS Silver mica 560 pf .....

It all depends of what you're looking for . The real deal, or something supposed to be close, following the values of the same circuit but sounding waaaay different ...

This isn't really an amp forum, so i understand that peoples may not appreciate, my bad.

It's like playing on some pre rola g12h, or on some modern marshall g12h, or scumback.... You'll hear the difference. And even after 40 years they're damn good sounding. Tou can't compare modern speakers to the early pre rola when they were new anyway.

Exactly the same when it's a real 1000 £ ( or more ) impossible to find gec kt66 quad of power tubes versus the modern ones.
Again the same when it's old mullard or telefunken, tunsgram ecc83 versus the modern ones.
And it's sad but it's rare, and there's a price.

Parts, tolerances .... It's a big part of the the game, sure, but with these particular components.
For the preamp, the old electrolytic, once reformed, are perfectly useable and more desirable than some modern ones with higher specs, all fresh. I'm using an old rs 16 uf on my preamp, can't complain about it.
For the power caps, yes, i'm using some modern ones, rifa.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

What can I say.. keep believing ;)
Then,
You will not hear ma at any time when it concerns speakers, tubes and transformers. What I saw for sale were bloody resistors of the "Hi, I have a higly increased thermal noise characteristic" type. ( I made my remarks about the caps already so I'm not going to repeat that).

One of the major reasons for me to be a member of FSB is that there is still a lot of room for a critical approach. This is as well the same reason I've never got myself to sign up at TGP and have been inactive at HC for quite some years. Way too much hearsay and makebelieve, little to no facts, let alone facts that can be verified.

Meanwhile I think I can say I have a fairly above average experience in repairs of old, really old, new, analog and digital effects stuff. While this is the case a remark like this one:
Xplorer wrote:from peoples who don't really know the difference. I do.
Is something I would never write, I leave that remark to those people I've worked for got their box, modified, working, overhauled and reliable for the next 20 years again, to make. Those are the final judges to determine if I know my chops and all I can do is spend my best time to make sure I keep those chops up to speed. As soon as I make a remark that "I Do" know the difference and how it should be I can wait for someone to chime in and burn me down to the ground with completely and undeniably valid arguments.

Which is what happens in this thread. You offer parts and proclaim incredible value to them. Be prepared to be burnt down. Especcially since some of those you just told they do not know what they are talking about, do have years of experience with that stuff. Perhaps even more than you. Yep. That's the internet.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Yeah, this is a section to sell parts, not especially to discuss about them.
Bashing my offer isn't very kind. Create a subject in another section and invite me there if you want, to discuss about it. We'll see.
But if someone sells something, i'm not going to come with my little inexperimented advice and be negative about the offer, just to say something. This isn't really a place to agree or disagree.

This is a section where i sell rare parts, at the market's price, and since i'm not asking you to do some commercial for me, i'm not asking you either to turn it into "expensive craps" , which are not, and which deserve their price. It can be used to restore an original holy grail early Marshall, or to recreate one.

+ , there's a difference , using these parts, i could hear it, and almost all serious amp builders ( several at metroamp for example ) will join me on it.

Okay ? Thanks

.Mike
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by .Mike »

modman wrote:I'm opening up this forum for people who want to get rid of some stuff they bought too much of. If I was hesistant about this initally, it was only because of the problems and altrication that might come from this, rather than this idea of members helping out one another.

Rules & Guidelines
  • :arrow: Mark your subjects with 'for sale', 'for trade' (or both) and a clear description of the part/component.
    :arrow: Keep messages and threads updated as to the status of the transaction.
    :arrow: Freestompboxes.org takes no responsability when things go wrong, these deals are transactions between the two parties, the forum only provides the platform.
    :arrow: No ads from shops, or links to your own ebay listings.
    :arrow: We cannot force you to respect the market price, but be prepared for a critical audience.[/color]
    :arrow: Please get contact details (phone & email) for anyone you make a deal with, so you can address any problems OUTSIDE the forum.
    :arrow: This part of the forum is not really seminal to the aims of freestompboxes.org, but rather a service to the members that we hope to be able to continue. If too much trouble arises from it, we might have to rethink the idea.
Feel free to comment, ask, post ...

modman
My website: America's Debate | My effects site: Just one more build...

theehman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by theehman »

:popcorn:
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

Ok, so if i respect the market price it'll be a lot more expensive, be prepared if that's what you prefer.

Please, this thread is only for those who are interested to buy something, not the others, Thanks.

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

just to give an idea of the market's prices. it can be even much more expensive than that :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... rid=229466

i wouldn't blame you to sell some original NKT275 for $$$. :mrgreen:
But if some of you guys are willing to sell me some for 1 $ each, i'm ok ! any offer ? :mrgreen:

Xplorer
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Xplorer »

it's been sold later. once it went up to 200 £ with biddings, for ONE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-RADIOSPAR ... 41635642ea

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: HIWATT motherfucker!

Post by phibes »

I'll trade a NKT275 for the lot.
GuitarlCarl - "TGP = The Gear Polishers"

Image Ken

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

Snofia, what rare parts do you have in stock again
Same sort of parts he is showing here and I'm not going to part with them for the time being because I intend to use them in the future , sorry !
I've been hoarding stuff for when the world has been taken over by smd components.