16mm Audio taper pots?

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Ellipsis
Information

Post by Ellipsis »

I'm new at this, and I certainly do not claim to know all of the nuances of the game, but I seem to be having a devil of a time finding 16mm audio taper pots (right angle PCB mount). I'm in the U.S., and I've looked on all of the major sources that I know of so far: Mouser, Digikey, Small bear, Love My Switches, etc., but no luck. Linear and Reverse Log seem to be everywhere, but not audio taper. Is there something in the terminology that I'm missing or some other spec necessary to find what I'm looking for? Again, I'm new at this, so I very possibly could be missing something obvious. I've just now got a backlog of populated PCBs and drilled enclosures waiting for pots. It's frustrating.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

Just order them from Taydaelectronics, they are original and dirt-cheap there.

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

US options include Small Bear: http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcomme ... -pc-mount/
They're called "A taper" or "Log" or "logarithm" in the dropdowns, all of the sources you mentioned carry them.

Ben N
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg J12D Jet

Post by Ben N »

Another plus for Tayda: they come with pot condoms preinstalled, which is a really nice thing for right angle pcb mounts.

sgtrutters
Information

Post by sgtrutters »

Another good place for price, although some you have to buy in quantity is stompboxparts.com They're slightly cheaper than Tayda but don't include the dust covers.