Chinese ebay purchases, post your good or bad sellers

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

dread pierat wrote:"FOR BOSS Effect Pedal 20x12 1/4" Shaft SKIRIT KNOBS"[/i] from PARTSPIPE and they were also for 6mm shafts.
Metrics rule! :D To be more serious, admit that it's easier to drill the hole up to 1/4" when it's 6mm than drilling it down to 6mm when it's 1/4"... One day I think we'll have to look closely for the plug diameter when buying jacks: 6.35mm or 6mm...
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

playon
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by playon »

https://cgi.ebay.com/50-Value-1-4W-Meta ... dZViewItem

I wanted to mention this seller, he's in the USA but has a connection to Chinese mfg components. I just bought a variety of 2000 1% metal film resistors from him for $13 & they got here from China in under a week. I randomly checked several of them out the meter and a soldering iron and they are the real deal. There was a note in the package saying if I emailed them a Digikey part # they could beat the price on just about anything. Their email address is lathi.tan@gmail.com.

zzzapfizz
Information

Post by zzzapfizz »

Had partspipe on my favorite seller list for a short while but have now deleted them.

Got a bag of these plastic stereo jack sockets from PARTSPIPE (similar to those used by Marshall and others) .
Totally useless. First the size of the nut is to small so there is no way one can fasten the jack housing to the chassis. And when one finally have have given up that and fasten the crappy thing with crazy glue one learn that the contacts doesn't have enough spring force to make proper contact, or hold the inserted jack in the socket.

...and no - The nut does not fit the broken Marshall nut :wink: .

Also ordered a bag of Boss type knobs. They are a tiny bit larger then the original Boss knob used on they're pedals.
Nice knobs but stay clear if ordering for production or resale. Packaging is pore and most of them are scratched.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

anybody buy these resistors yet? i was going to spring for a new breadboard as it's a decent price, and i thought i might see what the deal is with these. it's kind of sketchy though as they are listed as carbon film, but the picture shows blue resistors like metal films. maybe they were meant to pass off as metal film, but they decided to go straight? although they do talk about how to ID proper metal films as well. maybe i'll just go with those.
--
shit! they only have 1W metal films!
https://cgi.ebay.com/50-Value-1-4W-Carb ... 2|294%3A30

https://cgi.ebay.com/2-860-Tiepoint-Sol ... dZViewItem
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

WLS
Information

Post by WLS »

I bought some 3dpt stomp switches from PARTSPIPE.

After receiving them I installed one in a pedal I was buliding and the switch would occasionally fail to engage and the LED connected to it would stay dimly lit in the off position (Bleedthrew).

I emailed them but no reply. I just don't buy from them any more.

I too sell rare hard to find items on ebay from time to time but I will test my ICs prior to selling them. Even though I am not a vendor most vendors do not go through this process.

Reason being that it is time consuming and offsetting the price of bad chips raises the price that you have to sell them for. Not alway's agreeable to the consumer.

But I feel that buying a untested ICs no matter how good they look cosmeticly does not insure functionabity.

I realize as a consumer that even a tested chip does not alway's mean that when I receive it it will alway's work but as a seller I alway's feel better knowing that what I am sending you has functioned and should function as long as I am responsible enough to take the necessary precautions in preparing the chip for shipping.

So buying electronic componets is like the lottery and how lucky do you feel today.

Bill

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

RnFR wrote:anybody buy these resistors yet? i was going to spring for a new breadboard as it's a decent price, and i thought i might see what the deal is with these. it's kind of sketchy though as they are listed as carbon film, but the picture shows blue resistors like metal films.
I got a big bag of 1/4 watt blue resistors from sureelectronics and they were carbon film as advertised by them. The seller actually told me all carbon film resistors are blue in China which really freaked me out.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Tipped on DIYstomps.com.

Seller leemoom611 managed to sell me genuine and working MN3007's. (tested em in my CE-2) Reasonable shipping time and very chap (88 cents a piece!)
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Tipped on DIYstomps.com.

Seller leemoom611 managed to sell me genuine and working MN3007's. (tested em in my CE-2) Reasonable shipping time and very chap (88 cents a piece!)
That can be true, UT Sourse quoted me $1 for piece with order of ten MN3007's

Dan N
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Dan N »

playon wrote:https://cgi.ebay.com/50-Value-1-4W-Meta ... dZViewItem

I wanted to mention this seller, he's in the USA but has a connection to Chinese mfg components. I just bought a variety of 2000 1% metal film resistors from him for $13 & they got here from China in under a week. I randomly checked several of them out the meter and a soldering iron and they are the real deal. There was a note in the package saying if I emailed them a Digikey part # they could beat the price on just about anything. Their email address is lathi.tan@gmail.com.

"Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing."

Got a seller's name? yallstore?
Dick joke has expired.

playon
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by playon »

Yeah that was months ago... however if you look in my post that you quoted you will notice that the guy's email address is there. :wink:

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

IvIark wrote:Oh great, I just ordered 50 x 2.1mm sockets from him :(
Bought these as well and not impressed at all. Same issues as everyone else and I felt the contacts left something to be desired but I guess you get what you pay for. I now have a bunch of jacks for test builds.
The television will not be revolutionized.

dread pierat
Information
my favorite amplifier: 2204

Post by dread pierat »

lolbou wrote:
dread pierat wrote:"FOR BOSS Effect Pedal 20x12 1/4" Shaft SKIRIT KNOBS"[/i] from PARTSPIPE and they were also for 6mm shafts.
Metrics rule! :D To be more serious, admit that it's easier to drill the hole up to 1/4" when it's 6mm than drilling it down to 6mm when it's 1/4"... One day I think we'll have to look closely for the plug diameter when buying jacks: 6.35mm or 6mm...
I agree to the superiority of the metric system, but my information was about chinese ebay sellers, and the fact that PARTSPIPE advertises items as 1/4" when they are not. Also, I elect to discuss things to do with power tools outside of this particular thread.

I've checked my other PARTSPIPE parts, and they all seem to be B-stock and factory rejects. At least the package didn't contain bobcat http://www.xkcd.com/325/

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

While making positive comments on mr leeloom a couple af days ago (those were working MN3007's) this auction, and especially the photo, screams restamped chips:
https://cgi.ebay.com/10-LM308N-LM308-OP ... 27adf869eb

About everyting yells sandpaper :roll: How can 2 chips with the same datecode be so different!?

As well, read this one: http://www.aeri.com/counterfeits.html
(I've posted it earlier in this thread)

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

You just scared shit out of me! I'm making group order of IC's soon, and I really don't want to get riped off, and sell you shit guys :/ Specially when I'm putting alot of money into this buy... I know UT guys are trusted, that was verified before, but who knows where they getting this bunch? Price of some IC's like 3007 are ridiculously low, I'm becoming fishy...

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

sinner wrote:You just scared shit out of me!
My pleasure.... :roll:

Seriously,
The reason I did buy some 10 3007's from mr leeloom was the positive reference at DIYstomps, combined with, fishy as it is, the provided photo in the auction that shows a chip housing that's hard to fake. (the smooth outer edge with rough surface, look up the auctions and ye'll know what I mean).

But other than that, i'm very, very reluctant with any Chinese purchase on components that are tagged "rare", especially when I see no reason why that specific component shoyld be widely available in China and, apparently, nowhere else. Face it, low budget stuff containing chips like BBD's has been made for ages in taiwan, malaysia, indonesia, and similar Orient countries just as well. And, far before China was emerging as a manufacturing country for budget consumer electronics. EH went almost bankrupt because BBD chips were limited to Japanese manufacturers, not Chinese. China wasn't even on the map at that time.

All that means that possible surplus batches should come up from countries like those just as well.

But they don't... China only... and that's odd.

Go on with those 3005's. Just make sure that you've got the fine print covered as well and will get your money back in case of a scam. "they delay" is not good enough. Might be 3008's. And do decent sampling when recieved. Not the first in the ESD pipe only. "Tested by a certified company" is not good enough either. That type of testing is rotten expensive (just walked the line with a batch of mil-spec 8051 CPU's. We're talking US$ 100's per chip after the certifying process.. but, certified and resellable as such!)

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Tipped on DIYstomps.com.

Dirk, in the eBay auction the printing on the MN3007 looks very white and bright, were yours like that?

I just received some from him and the printing is a much more dull yellowy colour.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

I got some from the same supplier IvIark, haven't tested them but they're varying in colour, I think it's due to the age of the individual chip, they don't look like fakes from what I can tell.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

:thumbsup

marmora
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Distortion +
EA Tremolo
Weird Sound Generator
Mingrod
Honeytone speaker out mod
Line 6 DL4 and MM4 mods
Boss AC-2 clone
Sparkleboost
BSIAB II
Lofo Mofo
Jawari
Psychtar
CMOS Nyquist Aliaser
Paralooper
Punch-In-The-Face
Gargletron
Omni Drive
Blue Magic
Boss SG-1 clone
Parapedal
Feedback Looper
PEEPlug
ST-C Delay
Casio PT-100 bends
Riot Zone
HT8950A modulator
Blast Fed Disaster
Crushed Glass
Mac Oscilloscope
Gristleizer
Atari Punk Console
Dub Siren
UM3561 Siren
Bent Radio Shack Playtime Keyboard
Bent Animal Band Keyboard
Bent Barbie Karaoke
Rebote 2
PWM
Distortus Maximus
Woolly Mammoth
Phase 45
Dr Boogie
Femtoverb
Random Number Generator
Mayhem!
Uglyface
Bent Casio SA-40
Clari(not) Cubed
Black Toast
May Queen
Bent Speak and Read/Math
Thing Modulator
Geofex Low Fidelity/Noise/Telephone
Lovepedal Woodrow
Bazz Fuss
Bent Vtech Alphabet Desk
Bent Realistic Rap-Master
Noise Box (modded Lofomofo, Noise Ensemble, Dirty Sanchez)
Robobuddy

Post by marmora »

Bought a set of 160 ultra bright LEDs from seller advancedelectronics. They arrived at my door, in the US, in about 10 days.
The listing advertised UV LEDs as a part the set. When they arrived, the bag they're in was marked "purple". I thought there was a difference. So I tested them on some glow in the dark material and there was a good reaction, but the glow faded quickly.
I tested a couple of the colors and they aren't very bright. Some of the colors were very bright though! Just be sure to read the specs they post with the listing. All are water clear and brighter than standard LEDs though.
Shipping was free. :D

Greenmachine
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb
Completed builds: Electra Distortion
Roger Mayer Octavia
Klon Centaur (Bajaman/Soulsonic)
DOD 440 Envelope Filter
MXR Phase 90
DOD FET Preamp
Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
Soulsonic Hunny Bunny Overdrive
BYOC Analog Delay
Craig Anderton Headphone Amp
Anderton Mini Amp
Bajaman Real Tube Overdrive
Fender Deluxe 5E3 with Tone Stack Mod.
Fender Princeton 5F2-a
Keen Neovibe
Aquapuss Delay
Anderton AMS-100 Guitar Synth (abandoned)
DOD 280 Compressor
Weird Sound Generator
Beavis Audio Noisy Cricket
80's Rat
ROG Thor
Big Muff
Green Ringer
Shin-Ei Fuzz
MXR Dynacomp
COT50
Really Cheap Compressor

Post by Greenmachine »

Made a purchase of resistors from sunpec and was really pleased. :D
"[Y]ou want sketchy, dude? I breadboard on a door." -- RnFR, 2011
"This amp is freakin loud, like crazy, I'm going to kill pets loud." -- mich, 2011