Jen - KPS900 Phase Shifter  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

HEAD wrote:... otherwise we'll have to wait until mictester comes up with his pwm controlled cmos phaser. ;)
Sorry - been a bit busy lately. My wife's been ill, my main desktop computer was fried by a power surge and I've had much too much to do at work - all have contributed to a lack of computer and workshop time recently. The wife's fixed, the computer's replaced (at the insurance company's expense) and work is quietening down, so I'll get on with some documentation!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

i had a look at the pics,and thought to myself..."Geez,they don't make pedals like that anymore,don't they?",what vintage is that pedal?,looks like something from the 70's.... :)
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

toneman
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything that works
Completed builds: meatolation, wobolation, ringolation clones, PAiA synths/modulars, dipthonizer clone, MOTM modules, pedal mods and repairs

Post by toneman »

Here's a link to DiscoFreq's site:

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/jen/kps900

The 1st Harmony Central review says it's from the seventies...

T 8)
Tone-to-the-Bone

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

toneman wrote:The 1st Harmony Central review says it's from the seventies...
All KPS900 I am aware of are from 1975/1976.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

HELP NEEDED......please :cry: :oops:

with LFO part.....top right corner, and 4007 connections........

Thanks

Boris
Attachments
UNFINISHED.GIF

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

lfo is done......
now to 4007 :horsey:
Attachments
closer to finish.JPG
lfo jen phaser 001.jpg
Last edited by borislavgajic on 24 Oct 2010, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

hmmm. Black and green is cool!

How bout blueprint style? Pretty retro as wel :mrgreen:
lfo%20jen%20phaser%20001.jpg
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:hmmm. Black and green is cool!

How bout blueprint style? Pretty retro as wel :mrgreen:
lfo%20jen%20phaser%20001.jpg

nice blueprint!!! :thumbsup

could you help a little bit ? with pin 2 of 4007.....and pins 8-14...... :hmmm:

I am going to sleep now....
see you all tomorrow :thumbsup

Boris

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

borislavgajic wrote: could you help a little bit ? with pin 2 of 4007.....and pins 8-14...... :hmmm:
No I can´t..... But maybe the picture below ? :wink:

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

:slap: :applause: :hug:

boris

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

here is corrected layout........again thanks to Mister Divos fot those nice guts :thumbsup

so enjoy...
Boris
Attachments
JenPhaser.LAY]_1.pdf
(114.56 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
jen1.GIF
jen2.GIF
jen3.GIF

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

:applause: Hopefully a schematic will follow.;)

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

HEAD wrote::applause: Hopefully a schematic will follow.;)
schematis I posted link before have correct audio part I checked that , in LFO there is only 10nF cap missing,pots for speed and depth are OK..... so...only thing is 4007 that has to be corrected....... :thumbsup

Boris

SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Thanks Boris, great work!
:applause:
:hug:
:D
:horsey:

nelson
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nelson »

I made that Schematic. When I got the pedal, there was no IC in place of the 4007. I was drawing it up on the assumption that it was a 4009, or 4049. That's why the schem looks drastically wrong. I still have the pedal, will pop a 4007 in there. If anyone has any requests, feel free to pm. I didn't spend much time on it. It actually phases with a 4049 in there. Of course, the 4049 has too many pins for the socket, don't know what I was thinking.....

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

Cool, how's about a correct schematic? Somebody should make the wrong schem floating around an end. With all respect, but having an cloned original layout is for sure a nice thing to have, but man these are unnecessary huge nowadays. Rm 10 for a poly cap? Who has that in his store and is willing to spend it on a phaser? Oo

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Hi Nelson.....your incorrect schematic helped a lot for tracing PCB......I made drawing of LFO,Dirk changed it to blue :D .....and if you could make new correct schematic and post it here,it would be awesome!!!!!!!

Boris

iq01221
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by iq01221 »

¿And a LM324 in placement of the 3403?

iq01221
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by iq01221 »

askwho69 wrote:
iq01221 wrote:¿And a LM324 in placement of the 3403?
+1
Anyone?
Hello!!....lloo!!..lloo!...loo...lo... :hmmm: Nobody's home, don't worry, boys( I'm talking to the 5x4007 and 2xLM324 I have here; they're looking like :evil: ).
Well, I'll try anyway, with sockets for ics... an maybe for all components :mrgreen: .

batteryacidtea
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by batteryacidtea »

Hey guys, sorry to ressurect the topic, I have one of those to true bypass, and the unity I have here have a LM348N in place of the 3403 and works just fine!