Seamoon - Funk Machine  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
sonicmojo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sonicmojo »

the first 741 turns the 5088 on or off..correct?

I think so, since if you pull the transistor, the filter section still works.

I managed to get it to work more by adding a 1k resistor between the emitter and ground. I'm not sure why it can't handle something not being there in my case. Right now mine sounds more like a fixed wah so I haven't sorted out my problem yet.

sonicmojo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sonicmojo »

I spent a few days away and decided to bail on this. Anyone else have luck with the 1458 and Ivlark's layout? I can't get there this way. I may have to redo at some point with the 741's....

ppluis0
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by ppluis0 »

Hi Sonicmojo,

Perhaps the following schematic has several improvements respect the Seamoon Funk Machine discussed in this topic. Look at this link: http://home-wrecker.com/nurse-quacky.html

At first glance the only condition to comply is to use a couple of leds of the same type in the envelope rectifier, but the transistor and operational types aren't critical.

Cheers,
Jose

Harry Peters
Information
Completed builds: MO3 KPOT (Mole w/ mods), Groundhog (super Mole), May Queen, Orange Boost, Jawari, Orange Squeezer, Noisy Cricket, MO3 Spodey Shake, Bass-Thru, Nurse Quacky, MO3 Powermasta

Post by Harry Peters »

I've recently built the Nurse Quacky and it is a fine unit. Works well with bass or guitar with minor fiddlings between the two. It also seems to like the Orange Squeezer in the loop (NQ being in-line w/ bass and amp input). [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

As an aside, the SFM I had working so well on breadboard is not so happy in its box. Lots of boost - no effect except an annoying chirp at the extreme of one of the knobs. :scratch: Now sitting in the misfit children-pile awaiting a patient day for debugging.
Dream Big!*

*Void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply

sonicmojo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sonicmojo »

Thanks for the replies. Not much I can do to tweak the vero now but I should've breadboarded the sucker first. At least I didn't make a box for it yet. On to the next one.....

snk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by snk »

sonicmojo wrote:I spent a few days away and decided to bail on this. Anyone else have luck with the 1458 and Ivlark's layout? I can't get there this way. I may have to redo at some point with the 741's....
mine sounds more like a fixed wah
Hello,
In the end, did you manage to make it work ?
I built it using the same layout, and like you i get a sound, but the envelope does not seem to work...
Turning the Frequency pot does produce an audible change (resonance moving up or down in the frequency range when turning the pot), but the WET level is very low, also it seems that DRY signal is still coming through, and turning the RANGE pot doesn't do anything...
I tried with various opamps and transistors, but it's the same.

吉田ほにお
Information

Post by 吉田ほにお »

Hello everyone. I made funk hmachine. I first made it with lm358 instead of 1458, but it didn't work. After all, I'm using two 741s. It was

This time, we modified the wah operation so that up mode and down mode can be used. An inverting circuit was added in the middle of the envelope circuit to invert the signal.

After that, some part constants have been changed. The red circle in the image.
Please consider it if you like.
Attachments
funk machine   reverse  sweep
funk machine reverse sweep