Steven Space Chorus CH-12

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
Matlevo12
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Matlevo12 »

Hi !
Since there seems to be no trace of this pedal on the internet (that I could find, at least), here's one !
It's exactly what it looks like : a Boss DC-2 Dimension-C chorus clone.

The only other pedals I could find from this brand on the used market are a Steven CH-6 Super Chorus ( Boss CH-1 clone) and a Steven FL-1 Flanger (Boss FL-2 clone probably), but there are a few more on effectsdatabase.

Matlevo12
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Matlevo12 »

Funny detail :
The 4 switches on the DC-2 can't be pushed more than one at a time it's actually just 3 switches and one (mode 1) that just makes sure none of the others are pushed.
On this one, since on this one all the switches can be pushed (they are latching dpdt) the first one is just not connected to a anything !
Obviously releasing a DC-2 clone with just 3 buttons would have looked weird, so that was their solution !
I don't know if the Behringer CC300 is the same, but it's highly likely imho.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

i love that this pedal is called steven
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...