Dual Ruby amp

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

Hey Guys,

i've been thinking about building a ruby amp. My idea was to incorporate two ruby's in one box, one standard and one with a bassman mod, and make them switchable so that i can run them one at a time or both (sorta like the guitar pickups of a les paul). I would like to do this with a single 8Ohm speaker. Any ideas how to wire this up, if its even possible?
Also when i run them in parallel, is the wattage gonna be 1W, hence do the wattages add up (Single Ruby = .5W afaik)?

hope you guys can help

cheers :thumbsup

bluestomp
Information

Post by bluestomp »

Hi Seiche,
maybe you can put idea for litle rebell 2, just go to http://www.scribd.com/doc/35633615/Litt ... -Amplifier
thus use LM386 too.

thanks and regards

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

bluestomp wrote:Hi Seiche,
maybe you can put idea for litle rebell 2, just go to http://www.scribd.com/doc/35633615/Litt ... -Amplifier
thus use LM386 too.

thanks and regards
Thanks bluestomp, there is some very interesting stuff going on in that little amp! I like the gain control that brightens up as you lower the gain, and that eq definitely deserves another look. of course the parallel 386s for 5w( :shock:) is rather novel as well. But, i have to admit, I'm still wondering how that 5w is possible out of 2 1/2w chips.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO