Low power 2.1 amplifier suggestion (or help me debug sub)

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
meffcio
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by meffcio »

I have a cheap 2.1 speaker set that's broken - satellites work ok, but the subwoofer is making a constant popping noise. I checked all components and joints, except for the subwoofer PA chip - I'd have to desolder the radiator. (I bet it's the thing that's broken, but it isn't getting anywhere near hot) The PA for satellites is based around TDA2822M. I'm thinking of building a new PA from scratch. I have a bunch of TDA2822M chips, and some more powerful ones. Do you guys know any ready-to-build 2.1 PA project I can lay out on vero and use with such set? The stock power supply gives around 12,8V with no input present.

[EDIT]
Ok, I desoldered the radiator. The PA for low frequencies is some chinese D2025 (datasheet). It's max voltage is 12V, so good luck. Probably it worked ok before changing the voltage here in Poland from 220V to 230V. I'll try connecting it to a 9V PS, and see what happens. Maybe it's not boiled yet.

meffcio
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by meffcio »

What am I saying. Absolute max is 16,5V, and looking at the radiator it's probably not the case. No sign of overheating, unless those chinese chips are built not to release any signs of it. Maybe it's just a cap, or something? I'll try to make a schematic of this whole thing.

meffcio
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by meffcio »

It's funny how I'm talking to myself on an internet forum.. :roll:
Anyway, I traced the input already. Now I need to read about filters..
Attachments
schemeit-project.png
schemeit-project.png (5.88 KiB) Viewed 757 times