Fender Super Twin Amplifier

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Update:

Thought that I would do a bit of an update on this thread, anyway, just recently a mate of mine sold a Peavey 410TX 4 X 10 Bass cab to me, I bought it off him because I want to use it with my Fender Super Twin amp as a Bass rig, unfortunately I need to replace all the original speakers in the 410TX Bass cab because three of the stock speakers are open-circuit and obviously don't work at all, I have some pics of the Peavey 410TX and will post them so you can see what it looks like, thinking of buying four new 8 Ohm Eminence Legend BP102s as replacements.

Pics of the Peavey 410TX Bass cab:
Attachments
Peavey Bass Cab 1_resized.jpg
Peavey Bass Cab 2_resized.jpg
Peavey Bass Cab 3_resized.jpg
Peavey Bass Cab 5_resized.jpg
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Update:

Looks like I'm going to have to do some service work on my Fender Super Twin amp, it is producing some crackly noise, and it loses a lot of volume if the treble control is set to a particular setting, the amp definitely isn't sounding as loud as it should even when the preamp and master volume controls are set flat out, turning down either the preamp or master volume down to minimum seems to make the crackly noise go away completely as well as silencing the amp, so I think that the stock preamp volume, treble, mid, bass, and presence pots all need replacing with new ones, will see if I can order a full set of replacement pots from Evatco this week.
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.