Digitech 2101

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
jmpj45
Information

Post by jmpj45 »

I bought a old digitech 2101 got a good deal on it. Everything works on it accept it sounds like crap lol. All of the tube distortion and solid state distortion works but they sound like crap even the clean sound sounds bad. It’s kinda hard to explain but I can almost here the good sound in the background. Anybody got any suggestions I could check. I was wondering if the high voltage and low voltage filter caps need to be replaced. Considering the unit is 27 years old. I have checked out all the voltages and everything is good. I bought all the filter caps haven’t put them in yet. I was also thinking if the effects loop is dirty if that’s got any thing to do with it.

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

There's an extensive GSP-2101 site with troubleshooting info here: http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/gsp210 ... cedure.htm

FX loops shouldn't affect the main signal path unless they're active, you can bypass them in the settings. The in & out jacks are notorious for losing tension on the spring contacts & causing static and dropouts, but it sounds like you may have a different problem.

You may have to audio probe the signal path starting with the input. If you don't have a schematic or manual, let me know and I'll post them here. If you need parts, Harman/Digitec still has many of them in stock, 844-776-4899, they can help the most if you give them the part number from the BOM.

jmpj45
Information

Post by jmpj45 »

Ok thanks for the info