DIPTRACE 3D example design I have done

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

I've been messing around with Diptrace again and have made up an example of one of my pedals from schematic to 3D PCBlayout. Some of the footprints I have converted from Guassmarkov Eagle library's, Diptraces 3D library's and the 3PDT switch and caps from a member on this forum ( I think it was Waltk which I will check later and give proper credit to the library maker) Thanks for making them available.

OK this pedal is my Bluesman fet based drive pedal and I have put everything on the PCB to see how the 3D view of Diptrace looks also I added a copper pour to the bottom of the PCB as a ground plane.

Image

Image

As an idea of how easy it is to learn Diptrace and get from start to finish it took me about 2 to 3 hours to complete this example and this was done on the FREE version, that goes to make an excellent program for free.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

cman909
Information
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 18:58
Has thanked: 1 time

Post by cman909 »

That looks great. I just downloaded the free version. Can you export that now for dims on production of the housing?

Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

cman909 wrote:That looks great. I just downloaded the free version. Can you export that now for dims on production of the housing?
I'm not sure if that can be done but it would be really good if it can. I wil have to look into that.

In the meantime I have just received my PCB's back which I got made from the files , they look nice so I hope I didn't make any errors in the design. . Pictures below.
Attachments
P9120117.JPG
P9120115.JPG
P9120116.JPG
Half populated. Still waiting on components to arrive
Half populated. Still waiting on components to arrive
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

User avatar
early.memoirs
Information
Posts: 14
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 15:39
Location: BDG, INA.
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Post by early.memoirs »

pretty neat board :applause:

do you mind to share the 3d model of the switch and boardmounted pots ?.

Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

early.memoirs wrote:pretty neat board :applause:

do you mind to share the 3d model of the switch and boardmounted pots ?.
Yeah ! sure, tcredit for these 3d files has to go to Waltk as thats who I got them from. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing them here.
Attachments
3dfiles.rar
(431.36 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

User avatar
D-Day
Mojo Book Buster
Information
Posts: 251
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 23:04
my favorite amplifier: Soldano SLO 100
Completed builds: Bazzfuss, Fuzz Face, Fuzzface SG
Location: SEATTLE ROCK CITY
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Post by D-Day »

This is awesome Ice-9! I have recently designed a fairly unique fuzz pedal (I will make full disclosure with schem and layout shortly) and I wanted to offer it up in a nice looking and more importantly, easy to build package. I want to make it so there is zero off board wiring and this looks like a good way to go. I wonder, would you be able to share with me the dimensions of the the board you've shown? I want to build my pedal in a 1590b box and knowing how big to make the board would really help get me off to a good start. Thanks again for sharing your work. This thread has been a real eye opener!

FunkySpence
Information
Posts: 8
Joined: 28 May 2011, 04:31
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Post by FunkySpence »

Ice-9 wrote:
early.memoirs wrote:pretty neat board :applause:

do you mind to share the 3d model of the switch and boardmounted pots ?.
Yeah ! sure, tcredit for these 3d files has to go to Waltk as thats who I got them from. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing them here.
Do you have these models in a STEP format by any chance? I'm trying to get that pot model converted but I've been unsuccessful so far.
Designer/builder for 3Leaf Audio and Darkglass Electronics
facebook

Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

D-Day wrote:This is awesome Ice-9! I have recently designed a fairly unique fuzz pedal (I will make full disclosure with schem and layout shortly) and I wanted to offer it up in a nice looking and more importantly, easy to build package. I want to make it so there is zero off board wiring and this looks like a good way to go. I wonder, would you be able to share with me the dimensions of the the board you've shown? I want to build my pedal in a 1590b box and knowing how big to make the board would really help get me off to a good start. Thanks again for sharing your work. This thread has been a real eye opener!
The dimentions for the pcb are 54mm x 80mm there is room for slight differebces in a 1590b

Sorry the models are not available in a step format.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

mister707
Information
Posts: 6
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 02:00
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Post by mister707 »

Thanks for 3D files, I've been looking for them 2 days to no avail, 2 months ago I use DipTrace, I want to clone CE-1, I will be very useful, the PCB will stay great very good job, greetings from Peru Mr. Ice-9 . :o

User avatar
Fender3D
Cap Cooler
Information
Posts: 532
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 02:40
Location: Helltaly
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Post by Fender3D »

FunkySpence wrote:Do you have these models in a STEP format by any chance? I'm trying to get that pot model converted but I've been unsuccessful so far.
The original 3D files were shared here https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.ph ... 57#p149019.

I drew them in Wings 3D, then I can export them in:
.ndo
.3ds
.bzw
.dae
.fbx
.eps
.xml
.lwo/.lxo
.obj
.pow
.rwx
.stl
.wrl
.x

Let me know if any useful format. and I'll post it here.

Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

Fender3D wrote:
FunkySpence wrote:Do you have these models in a STEP format by any chance? I'm trying to get that pot model converted but I've been unsuccessful so far.
The original 3D files were shared here https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.ph ... 57#p149019.

I drew them in Wings 3D, then I can export them in:
.ndo
.3ds
.bzw
.dae
.fbx
.eps
.xml
.lwo/.lxo
.obj
.pow
.rwx
.stl
.wrl
.x

Let me know if any useful format. and I'll post it here.
Thanks Fender3D, sorry, in the above post about where i got the files from it looks like I credited the wrong person for the 3d files. I hope I did not upset anyone for the mistake.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

D-Day wrote:This is awesome Ice-9! I have recently designed a fairly unique fuzz pedal (I will make full disclosure with schem and layout shortly) and I wanted to offer it up in a nice looking and more importantly, easy to build package. I want to make it so there is zero off board wiring and this looks like a good way to go. I wonder, would you be able to share with me the dimensions of the the board you've shown? I want to build my pedal in a 1590b box and knowing how big to make the board would really help get me off to a good start. Thanks again for sharing your work. This thread has been a real eye opener!
Sorry D-Day I must have missed this, if you still want the board dimentions the maximum size I use is 56mm wide by 84mm tall with the footswitch right on the bottom edge this leaves room for a battery.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

User avatar
Fender3D
Cap Cooler
Information
Posts: 532
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 02:40
Location: Helltaly
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Post by Fender3D »

Ice-9 wrote:Thanks Fender3D, sorry, in the above post about where i got the files from it looks like I credited the wrong person for the 3d files. I hope I did not upset anyone for the mistake.
NP mate :wink:

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information
Posts: 301
Joined: 19 Sep 2009, 16:11
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Post by GodSaveMetal »

Fender3D wrote:
FunkySpence wrote:Do you have these models in a STEP format by any chance? I'm trying to get that pot model converted but I've been unsuccessful so far.
The original 3D files were shared here https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.ph ... 57#p149019.

I drew them in Wings 3D, then I can export them in:
.ndo
.3ds
.bzw
.dae
.fbx
.eps
.xml
.lwo/.lxo
.obj
.pow
.rwx
.stl
.wrl
.x

Let me know if any useful format. and I'll post it here.
Ea Mr Fender 3D please you have a 3D images for the jacks, mono, stereo por PCB solder, or the othres for case; The DC IN boss tipe for PCB; I´m iniciates in DIP TRACE it´s a fantastic program; thanks for the aproaches!! you are great man!! :applause: :applause:

User avatar
Fender3D
Cap Cooler
Information
Posts: 532
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 02:40
Location: Helltaly
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Post by Fender3D »

Sorry mate,
I'm so lazy I didn't messed with jack sockets...
It is not so difficult, it's just... [smilie=sleep.gif]
You may download Wings3D http://www.wings3d.com/ and remember that each shape can be splitted in cubes and wedges :thumbsup

You may find Boss power connector (and many other) within KiCad's packages3d folder.
I didn't do it, I don't know if I can post it here...

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information
Posts: 301
Joined: 19 Sep 2009, 16:11
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Post by GodSaveMetal »

Fender3D wrote:Sorry mate,
I'm so lazy I didn't messed with jack sockets...
It is not so difficult, it's just... [smilie=sleep.gif]
You may download Wings3D http://www.wings3d.com/ and remember that each shape can be splitted in cubes and wedges :thumbsup

You may find Boss power connector (and many other) within KiCad's packages3d folder.
I didn't do it, I don't know if I can post it here...
If you do you would post here, or If another person do post its autor and thats all I THINK!!! please man!!!

User avatar
Fender3D
Cap Cooler
Information
Posts: 532
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 02:40
Location: Helltaly
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Post by Fender3D »

Here http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/ you can download KiCad
Linux version is a compressed file, just open it, search for the packages3d folder and you'll find all modules.
Here http://kicadlib.org/ you'll find other libraries and/or 3D modules

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information
Posts: 301
Joined: 19 Sep 2009, 16:11
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Post by GodSaveMetal »

Fender3D wrote:Here http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/ you can download KiCad
Linux version is a compressed file, just open it, search for the packages3d folder and you'll find all modules.
Here http://kicadlib.org/ you'll find other libraries and/or 3D modules
Yeah I have all ythat and more modules, please do you have the 3D image of the 1/4" JACK for imput, mono or output stereo; for PCB solder?? please somebody have that 3D images???
I only found the 3D of mini jacks!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information
Posts: 301
Joined: 19 Sep 2009, 16:11
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Post by GodSaveMetal »

hey FENDER wen you are tooo [smilie=sleep.gif]
I made this, what´s your opinion ehhh!!!!
Image

This is great, is a FUZZ FACE Ge PNP transistors, negative ground, yes neg ground! is great FUZZ.

I made it with AC128K!!!

Image
Xcuze me it´s a poor web cam antique photo!

Ice-9
Transistor Tuner
Information
Posts: 1088
Joined: 31 Mar 2009, 15:29
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Post by Ice-9 »

Nice 3d design, did you make the 3d jack sockets and psu jack socket. any chance of sharing them here for the rest of us. :applause:
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

Post Reply