Crybaby wah to tremolo

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
floobydust
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vox AC30
Completed builds: Too Many!

Post by floobydust »

I have a simple hack that can give you a sound of tremolo from a wah pedal. I got a Dunlop original wah from the 80's. I simply put a 10k resistor from Q1 emitter to Q2 emitter.
After that I took a 1k resistor from Q1 collector to Q2 base. It's a fun hack and sometimes useful. Happy Pedaling!

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

You hear taps cause the frequency oscillates audible range. I put a .1uf capacitor across the in/out, add med. distortion after and use the guitar vol/ tone to regulate the output. It can help.

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

The 10k resistor is over a feedback loop and made to oscillate. Its parallel. The 1k is parallel to the 2-.22uf capacitors and potentiometer. I don't know if it should work. Like all electronics it's surprising. I'm just starting to experiment.

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

floobydust wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 21:15 I have a simple hack that can give you a sound of tremolo from a wah pedal. I got a Dunlop original wah from the 80's. I simply put a 12k resistor from Q1 emitter to Q2 emitter.
After that I took a 27k resistor from Q1 collector to Q2 base. It's a fun hack and sometimes useful. Happy Pedaling!

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

floobydust wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 21:15 I have a simple hack that can give you a sound of tremolo from a wah pedal. I got a Dunlop original wah from the 80's. I simply put a 12k resistor from Q1 emitter to Q2 emitter.
After that I took a 27k resistor from Q1 collector to Q2 base. It's a fun hack and sometimes useful. Happy Pedaling!

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

The resistor joining the emitters creates an oscillator, which isn't surprising in a wah circuit. Its paralell to the filter circuit adding to the harmonics. The 1k resistor takes the oscillator and modulates it with the dry signal. The pedal wah pot acts as a speed control.
Please ask any questions.

floobydust
Information

Post by floobydust »

Heres an example from youtube.

https://youtu.be/HNoOKgjzTEk