Pockit Rabbit 9V Amplifier - ready to build veroboard layout

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
stringsthings
Information

Post by stringsthings »

it was a dark and stormy night .... and the fuzz monster in charge of the Pedal Factory was pissed ...

Fuzz Manager: where's that fuzz box?
Fuzz Employee 1: almost finished, oh great one!
Fuzz Manager: not good enuff! in my office, ASAP!
Fuzz Employee 1: ( sigh )

Lucky's Pedal Factory is proud to present the secret plans that are required to build your very own 9V personal guitar amplifier

schematic

verified layout

soundclip
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=10392273

appropriately fuzzy pictures

for this build, Lucky wanted the output connected directly up to a speaker ... i, of course, pointed out that the schematic shows a stereo output that will drive headphones ... i was over-ruled in a heated debate that lasted 1 minute and 15 seconds ... ( sigh )

for a second build, i may add a status LED ... or i may find a new company to work for :mrgreen:

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

This looks like a very cool design, I've downloaded a copy of the schematic and the Strip/Veroboard layout, so I can have a go at making one of these.... :)

Cheers.... :D :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

joeboo88
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: orange 30r
Completed builds: way huge lama, its8, eternity, ppp800, dod250, zendrive,colorsound overdriver, timmy,bluesbreaker

Post by joeboo88 »

Thanks stringsthings
I'm also gonna give it a try I got just the speaker for this. 8)
Ebay is a fucker ~ Sinner - If this is something unique, then I'm a teletubbie ~also Sinner

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

Did you make any changes to the Pocket Rockit, or is this just a layout for it ?
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

stringsthings
Information

Post by stringsthings »

Greg_G wrote:Did you make any changes to the Pocket Rockit, or is this just a layout for it ?
yes .. i changed the name to "Pockit Rabbit" :mrgreen:

... for initial testing, the build was constructed out of components with the tightest tolerances available to mankind :D

... in other words, a hodge-podge of carbon-film, metal-film, poly-film, and whatever else was around the workbench ...

i did use a tantalum capacitor for the LF353's power supply bypass cap, C4, instead of a standard aluminum electrolytic ... i suspect that Fiore picked tantalum for educational purposes as much as for any other reason ... the initial build also drove a pair of headphones, so the output jack was a stereo phone jack ... as illustrated in the award-winning pix :applause: , the circuit board is wired straight up to a speaker - one speaker terminal connected to C22 and the other terminal connected to ground ... again, the characteristics of the speaker or headphones that the circuit is driving will most certainly have an effect on the overall sound ...

atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: thd univalve

Post by atreidesheir »

Sorry.

Thought this was gonna be a sex toy.
"Contemplate it - on the tree of woe." :Thulsa Doom