Tim Escobedo's "Folkurban" circuits. Zipped.

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
tabbycat
Information

Post by tabbycat »

tonmann wrote:Here's the vero board layouts I did a while back on another forum - in case anyone is interested.
major thanks, tonmann. the whole set on vero. sweeeet.

soggybag
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Fuzz Face, Tone Bender, Big Muff, ICBM, Ugly Face, Green Ringer, Super Fuzz, Multiplex Echo, Multiplex Jr, Rebote, Echo Base, SHO, Fuzz Factory, Titan Boost/Octave, Easy Face, Tone Bender MkII, Trem Shifter, Zero Point Mini...

Post by soggybag »

I contacted Tim E. about selling some pedals from one of his circuits about 10 years ago here’s what he said:
I do have a policy that has worked out well for several short runs by other makers. For commercial use, I generally charge a licensing fee for each unit. For a run of 25 units or under, the fee is 10% of selling price or $10 USD per unit, whichever is cheaper. For a production run of of 25-50 units, the fee is $5 USD per unit. 51-100 units is $2 USD per unit. Over 100 units is $1 USD per unit. For significant numbers over 100 units, a lower fee can be negotiated, depending on the selling price.

Of course, non commercial use incurs no fee.
I figured I’d build 10 so that would have added $10 to the cost of parts which was about $25. I figured I’d be selling for $100 each. Which would leave me with $65. It didn’t seem like a good business.

Jan1966
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Jan1966 »

You would make £0

Most of the people here have probably already built, experimented, Used, Tim Escobedos ideas for their own use.

Sorry

soggybag
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Fuzz Face, Tone Bender, Big Muff, ICBM, Ugly Face, Green Ringer, Super Fuzz, Multiplex Echo, Multiplex Jr, Rebote, Echo Base, SHO, Fuzz Factory, Titan Boost/Octave, Easy Face, Tone Bender MkII, Trem Shifter, Zero Point Mini...

Post by soggybag »

It’s really tough to make any money building pedals when you factor in labor. You really need to get the cost of materials down to the minimum and your build process as streamlined as possible. In just do this on the weekends for fun and order small numbers for parts. I keep myself and band mates in pedals.

DIY pedals don’t go for a whole lot. Commercial stuff sells for more but when you’re competing with EHX, Boss, and Dunlap who all sell high quality stuff at very reasonable prices, it’s a tough market. You’d have to get your costs down to $25 to $50 a unit to sell at $100 to $200.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

I was looking for this, it's also already in a special folder in there member section.
Bumping this because I cannot seem to make this thread a sticky?
talking to myself too
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal