SWEET REVENGE High gain preamp-Based on the Soldano Avenger

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

Here's another... Enjoy! :twisted:
Attachments
Sweet Revenge.png
Soldano_Avenger_FET_Preamp.JPG
Sweat Revenge Transfer.pdf
Board transfer
(13.29 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

meffcio
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by meffcio »

You're insane! :D

jymaze
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jymaze »

Thanks again Jok3rx,

I would nonetheless consider replacing the 39k source resistor of the 3rd jfet with something more reasonable like 4.7 to 10k. It will yield more gain and better biasing. This 39k would work better with a high power supply voltage.

Also, the 100k at the source of the fifth jfet should be 10k to keep an acceptable biasing for the same power supply voltage reason.

It will work as is, but will be almost too distorted (if such a thing exists) :D .

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

jymaze wrote:Thanks again Jok3rx,

I would nonetheless consider replacing the 39k source resistor of the 3rd jfet with something more reasonable like 4.7 to 10k. It will yield more gain and better biasing. This 39k would work better with a high power supply voltage.

Also, the 100k at the source of the fifth jfet should be 10k to keep an acceptable biasing for the same power supply voltage reason.

It will work as is, but will be almost too distorted (if such a thing exists) :D .
@jymaze - Yeah, thanks... You are on top of it as usual! :wink:

I haven't actually built this one yet but I have the board etched and ready to stuff...
I am pretty sure that it will work.. All of the values are from the stock Avenger so I would imagine you are right about 3rd jfet and I am almost positive you are right about the 10k on the 5th jfet. I will probably try a trim pot on the 5th just to see if I can get it dialed in a little better and then replace with a resistor of the same value.

I will probably try a Framus Dragon or Cobra next..? Anybody dig those? Any other sugestions welcome..? Another non-AMT ENGL perhaps? Wish I could find the ENGL Invader schem!!!

jymaze
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jymaze »

Jok3rx,

ENGL Invader is E640, so here it is:
Attachments
e640-schematics.pdf
(579.94 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

meffcio
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by meffcio »

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tom/schematics.htm
Here are some of the ENGLs, among many other amps :D
I'd suggest doing the Powerball.

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

jymaze wrote:Jok3rx,

ENGL Invader is E640, so here it is:
:applause:
Thanks!! Wow, that's a busy lookin schematic! gonna have to put on my readin glasses... 8)

Thanks meffcio! Great link... I had all of the ENGL's except for the 640 Invader and now jymaze hooked me up! Lot's of other goodies on there though, I will check them out!

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

Man, I don't know what it is about that AMT E1 clone I made? I am sure I made bunch of mistakes when trying to copy it, I had to guess at a lot of stuff but that thing is screamin wicked! I must have made all the right mistakes...? I don't even know how it sounds compared to the real E1, maybe totally different but damn sure sounds good! Makes me wonder how a straight up copy with a few minor changes will be?

jymaze
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jymaze »

Maybe the next one should be a jfet version of the lead 2 channel of a Triamp by Hughes and Kettner?

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

jymaze wrote:Maybe the next one should be a jfet version of the lead 2 channel of a Triamp by Hughes and Kettner?
Just looked at that... Not bad! I noticed the DI out, is that any good on those? I love H&K stuff! I used to have a real old Metal Shredder/Metal Master/Crunch Master and got rid of it :slap: Stupid I am :roll:

Look here... You probably have already seen this page I am guessing but if not then hey :mrgreen:
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electron ... .php?cat=1

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

I hate making boards! I hate drilling boards even more...

A few I have done... I have more but these are new. Not perfect but good enough.

I think maybe I have too much going on :hmmm: Must be the OCD I suffer from?
Attachments
Boards.jpg

audioguy
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by audioguy »

How does this compare to the Black Forrest?

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

audioguy wrote:How does this compare to the Black Forrest?
I don't know? I haven't really built it yet :mrgreen: Since I have been working on the other pedal I haven't had time to get this one done... I have the board loaded and ready to go just haven't hooked it up to the pots etc.. Pretty sure it will work or I wouldn't have posted it yet. I do have some mods for it already since I have looked at it again but I will probably just get the base design to work first and then start with the mods... :twisted: I may get to it this weekend and if I do I will post some clips

I don't know that I would want to compare the Soldano to the Bogner... pretty different sounding amps.? Actually I am not a real big Soldano fan, I do like them a lot but they sound rather blah to me... I thought the Avenger sounded different, more mids and low end than the SLO100 plus, I haven't seen any pedals of it so...

I have 3 or 4 more also, I'm just not gonna post them until I get these two outa the way.

I got tired of waiting for other people to trace out and post schematics for the AMT pedals and some others.. So, I got out on google and found amp schematics and I have to say it is much easier to go off of those and more fun too! And, going by how the Black Forest is turning out it sounds by far better than any of the copies of other pedal that I have made!!! Even sounds better than my actual AMT pedals but maybe I am bias to my own stuff :hmmm: Nah.. it does sound better! :mrgreen: Really gotta credit jymaze and mensur for helping me along with the BF!! :thumbsup

audioguy
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by audioguy »

THats awesome! I was going to etch one of each this weekend and give em a go... but then I saw you had some updates to the BF with the gate- I REALLY want to incorporate that!

meffcio
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by meffcio »

What's up with that one? Have you tried it already? Have you tried incorporating the changes like the ones in Black Forest?