A Phaser Unit

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
Mellotron Man
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hartke KM-50, for my Mellotron!
Completed builds: None - so far, despite having a huge amount of components. I've just started building 3 (yes, three) Reverb units that use a PT2399! 3? Yes - one for my Mellotron a 2 for musician friends of mine in Stafford, England. One is a self-trained guitarist and the other is a keyboard whizz!

Post by Mellotron Man »

From British magazine "Practical Electronics", this looks good, I've got a few other Phaser circuits, and they don't compare to this.

Phaser 2.xlsx
(65.84 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
I don't have anything to say, so I won't say it!

JiM
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Completed builds :
Proco Rat
MXR MicroAmp in a volume pedal
TubeDriver (w/ NoS russian tube and big muff tone contol) + Phase 45 (w/ univibe cap ratio)
Dallas Rangemaster (w/ noisy OC75, negative ground)
SubCaster tube booster (w/ NoS russian tube, PtP)
Hot Harmonics
Music From Outer Space SubCommander in progress
Crackle Not OK
Simple bass blender in a 1590A
Bazz Fuss with a photo-darlington

Post by JiM »

[smilie=a_holycrap.gif] OMG, why? It must have taken ages to copy this info in Excel.
Please make yourself a favor, and use CAD software to draw schematics. Many are free.

Or even simpler, give a direct link: https://worldradiohistory.com/UK/Practi ... -S-OCR.pdf (page 50)
I only give negative feedback.

Mellotron Man
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hartke KM-50, for my Mellotron!
Completed builds: None - so far, despite having a huge amount of components. I've just started building 3 (yes, three) Reverb units that use a PT2399! 3? Yes - one for my Mellotron a 2 for musician friends of mine in Stafford, England. One is a self-trained guitarist and the other is a keyboard whizz!

Post by Mellotron Man »

JiM wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 07:03 [smilie=a_holycrap.gif] OMG, why? It must have taken ages to copy this info in Excel.
Please make yourself a favor, and use CAD software to draw schematics. Many are free.
Or even simpler, give a direct link: https://worldradiohistory.com/UK/Practi ... -S-OCR.pdf (page 50)
Taking your queries one at a time.....
"OMG, why?" I say "Why not?"
" It must have taken ages to copy this info in Excel." Yes, it did, but the lion's share of it, and a lot of other similar projects, was done a few years ago.
"...use CAD software to draw schematics. Many are free." I know there are several CAD freebies out there, but from my experiences with it, they are all way too complicated. I've tried BX, made by a firm called MCE, based in Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire - that was DOS based! When I worked for BAE, I had to use a CAD system made by Mentor Graphics - that was too complicated. I tried one that comes from RS - that was equally too complicated.
All I'm after is something that has Schematic Capture with a library attached, and the means of exporting the schematic onto, say. a Word Document.
"Or even simpler, give a direct link..." I didn't know you can do that! What would be better is to take parts of a pdf file and put it in a separate one.
I don't have anything to say, so I won't say it!

uncleboko
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by uncleboko »

JiM wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 07:03 [smilie=a_holycrap.gif] OMG, why? It must have taken ages to copy this info in Excel.

Once you have the basic shapes it is can be quick and very easy to read. Personally, I find cad circuit drawings look awful and eagle, whatever it's called is worse!!